July 2013 Moms
Options

Any other bottomless pits at MOTN feedings out there?

So LO gets between 3 and 4oz per feeding during the day (and whatever she gets when BF). She goes down between 7 and 9 at night and sleeps until somewhere between 3 and 4, when she gets fed and goes back down until 6 or 7. Until about the middle of last week, I would nurse her until she went back to sleep which didn't take long - it felt more like comfort nursing. For the past 10 days or so, she will not.let.up. She wants to nurse, then usually screams for food until we've given her a whopping 7 oz (in 2oz increments). 
She never eats this much during the day, and this recent development has me baffled. I've taken to sleeping with the bottles ready next to my bed because I know she won't go back down after "only" nursing.

Has anyone else had this happen? It doesn't bother me, as it's just another 15 minutes of eating, but the amount baffles me.
The original: Aug2013
The remix: Feb2017
The encore: coming Oct2019

Re: Any other bottomless pits at MOTN feedings out there?

• Options
    @lizabethann06
    will try! she should be waking up from her morning nap in the next hour, let's see how hungry she is ;)

• Options
    coco2787coco2787 member
    edited November 2013
    I EBF so don't know how much he eats, but he was latched to my boob for THREE HOURS last night. Basically sleeping the whole time but sucking on a semi regular basis. He eats every 2-3 hours during the day and had slept for a 5 hour stretch so it wasn't like he had anything to make up for.
    Me: 35  H: 35
    Married: 4/5/13

"You know that place between sleep and awake, 
    that place where you can still remember dreaming?
    That's where I will always love you.  
    That's where I'll be waiting."
    ~Peter Pan 

*TW*
    BFP #1: 11/12/12  EDD 7/25/13 Baby boy: 7/27/13
    BFP #2: 10/29/17   MMC dx @ 9 weeks
    BFP #3: 2/2/18 MC 2/7/18
    BFP #4: 3/2/18  MC 3/9/18
    RPL testing and hysteroscopy: all normal
    BFP #5: 4/1/18 MMC dx @ 14 weeks ----> genetically normal girl  :'(
    Hysteroscopy to remove scar tissue 9/28
    BFP #6 11/5/18 EDD 7/20/19  <3  Rainbow baby girl born 7/23/19 
    BFP #7 12/8/2021 EDD 8/22/2022 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Lelo2006Lelo2006 member
    edited November 2013
    I think mine eats more at night (in a feeding) than during the day. He's less distracted. It kind of makes me feel like he will never sleep through the night completely... I've sleep trained him so I can just put him in the crib afterwards and go back to bed after feeding him, but I don't feel comfortable trying to night wean him yet.

That being said, last night he went almost 10 hours without eating... So it's possible...
  • Options
    During growth spurts they are supposed to want to nurse more at night to help up your supply. It's exhausting, but it's suggested not to bottle feed during spurts or your body won't be signalled to produce more. I just nurse, burp, reoffer that side, burp, offer other side, burp, reoffer, burp, switch sides...sooo tired. Ended up falling asleep with her still latched last night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @cwhitloc: that's what I tried to do in the beginning, but as I'm already supplementing as it is, I don't think LO will manage to kick-start my boobies into producing much more than they already begrudgingly do.... *cries*

• Options
    We're FF but last night, he drank a bottle and a half--- something close to 8 or 9 ounces within 2 hours.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @amparo1981 I was in your shoes with my first.  Do what you can and try not to feel guilty.   I stay at home now with my second, so I'm able to focus more.  The pumping never worked for me well.  I spent a lot of heartache struggling to keep up my first go around.  It was a big stressor. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    @erika

9oz? oh, wow... well, she's not spitting up afterwards, is she? I wish I knew what to tell you. But if she's happy after 6, it might be better to leave it at that?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"