baby fat. — The Bump
September 2012 Moms

baby fat.

Sorry for the random post, but I've exhausted Google and thought someone here might know. How much fat per day should our kiddos be getting? I read 40-50g but wasn't sure if this was true.

DS has a dairy allergy so the info we got at his 12 month doesn't really apply. Since he only drinks rice or almond milk, I KNOW he's not getting enough and I can only shove so much guac and peanut butter down his throat. I bought some organic whole coconut milk in a bpa free can, but had to turn it into chocolate milk in order to not get a look of death from him.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: baby fat.

• Is he falling off his weight trajectory? If not, I wouldn't really worry about how much fat a baby should get, I have no idea, and just make sure he is eating what he can. Their growth slows so much and they thin out a lot around this age. If he is falling off his trajectory, you could always do a toddler dairy free formula to up his calories. My kids will eat anything wrapped in a Pillsbury crescent roll (dairy free), try adding another snack in his day like 2 snacks between lunch and dinner.

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• hmp1 said:
    Is he falling off his weight trajectory? If not, I wouldn't really worry about how much fat a baby should get, I have no idea, and just make sure he is eating what he can. Their growth slows so much and they thin out a lot around this age. If he is falling off his trajectory, you could always do a toddler dairy free formula to up his calories. My kids will eat anything wrapped in a Pillsbury crescent roll (dairy free), try adding another snack in his day like 2 snacks between lunch and dinner.
    This is what I was thinking too. I have no idea what either kid should be getting. I just offer balanced meals.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards