New Jersey Babies

OB recommendations - Morristown Memorial Hospital

Hi ladies, I'm looking for a recommendation for an OB who delivers at Morristown Memorial. I don't mind if it's a male or female doctor. I don't particularly need someone super warm and fuzzy. It is more important to me that they will be competent and hopefully respect my wishes with regards to preferring a vaginal delivery as opposed to pushing me towards a c-section. Any recs would be greatly appreciated!!

Re: OB recommendations - Morristown Memorial Hospital

• Anyone from Morristown gynecology and obstetrics
  • I haven't met with them yet(first appt is Dec 10), but read plenty of great reviews from other moms in the area. We're using One to One female Care with Drs. Garfinkel and Lagaduva (sp?). They also have a midwife on staff which I love. They have an office in Morristown and Bedminster. HTH, GL! :)
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Dr. Matthew Iammatteo!  I love this man.  He has delivered both my kids and I can't say enough good things about him. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Dr. Garfinkel performed my c-section and I was happy with the result although his bedside manner is rather lacking.  I was disappointed with his office during my follow-up visits because I have a co-pay for the surgery that I could not pay all at once ($1100) and agreed upon a payment plan with his office but they would not allow me to see the Dr. until the balance was completely paid even though insurance would have covered the visits.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I love Dr. Judy Banks,
    I had a wonderful vaginal twin birth with her, and have also had many doula clients have wonderful experiences with her. 
  • Dr. Metz/Dr. Bissinger.  They deliver at Morristown and their offices are located in Parsippany.  They're fantastic.
  • One to one female care - Dr. Garfinkle and lagaduva... Both are great. So is Tina the midwife.
  • Dr. Bissinger - so far every doctor I've met in this office has been great! They also partner with Dr. Iammatteo who I've heard really good things about.
  • I go to Women's Care Source on Madison Ave.  Although my main OB/GYN was Dr. Brenin-Goldfischer, Dr. O'Reilly delivered my baby (at 24 weeks, emergency c-section) and I LOVE her.  If it wasn't for the competence (an experience) of Dr. Ferrante and especially Dr. Feltz, however, I may have lost my baby and my own life.  I never got to meet Dr. Jones or Austin but I'm sure they're wonderful as well.  They all deliver at MMC (which, by the way, is THE place to go) and their offices are right across the street from MMC.  Godforbid your baby has to go to the NICU, the NICU at MMC is the only place I'd ever recommend anyone to go to.  The doctors and nurses are amazing and they have semi-private rooms for the babies (so it's not just one big NICU with noises and lights and people yelling).  My baby was at the NICU for 130 days and I had to spent 15 days at Cornell in NYC as he needed surgery and the NICU there was a friggin' nightmare.  Anyway, I'd recommend the OBs I mentioned above at Women's Care Source for sure!  Good luck!
  • Thanks all. This was very helpful.
  • I love Dr. Judy Banks,
    I had a wonderful vaginal twin birth with her, and have also had many doula clients have wonderful experiences with her. 
    she delivered both of my babies and will deliver this one, too. love her. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Thanks for the input! :)
  • Drs Kuchera and Potash are great!
  • Love avalon midwives. They definitely don't push c-sections and really are a great group of women. They have offices in Morristown and west Caldwell
  • Dr Bissinger is wonderful!! As the pp said his office partners with Dr Immattaeo who delivered my first daughter. Even though the first time meeting him was 30 minutes before I pushed he was nothing but outstanding highly rec!!!
    FuzziBunz at Nurtured Family
  • I love Dr. Bissinger!!!!!
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Morristown OB/GYN are great!!! They delievered my son & everything went great & I am also seeing them now since I'm due in June.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"