July 2013 Moms
Options

Those that pump

danigirl7181danigirl7181 member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
So I know it's normal to pump more form one side than the other. I was wondering if it was connected to which side you are dominate on/write with. So...

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Those that pump 104 votes

Pump more on right/right handed
37% 39 votes
Pump more on left side/left handed
2% 3 votes
pump the same on each side/right handed
7% 8 votes
pump the same on each side/left handed
1% 2 votes
pump more on left side/right handed
37% 39 votes
pump more on right side/left handed
7% 8 votes
SS
4% 5 votes

Re: Those that pump

• Options
    I get more out of my right and I'm right handed. :)
    Same here, about an ounce more. 

• Options
    Left handed, right boobed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Right handed, left side gives about an ounce more.

• Options
    My left produces more and I'm right handed. My right nipple got destroyed in the hospital. Ouch! So I tended to feed more from my left.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm right handed & I get a lot more from my right. First pump of the day, if the last feed was from my right I get about equal.... If the last feed was from the left the right gets 2x as much
    Same thing happens to me, I only feed one side per feeding. I have been pumping on my way to work (the opposite side DS ate from last) and way home in order to keep up. I always try to pump on my right side on my way home, because I get more and then feed DS on the left when I get home. I think he gets more out then the pump on the left side. I want to do a weighted feeding again to see how much he gets. The last time we tried he was too distracted to eat much, too much going on. 

• Options
    I pump a lot more from my left and I'm right handed. I usually pump at 5 am and I get 7oz from the left and 5oz from the right. By the time I get to my last pump of the day at 3:30pm, I get about 1.5oz from my left and 1oz from my right.

• Options

Right handed, left side gives 2-3 oz more.

this.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Left handed, right booked for sure. At my peak, my right boob gave me twice as much as my left.
  • Options
    MrsErinH said:

More from left/ right handed too.

This and it's a lot more from left and I have to massage the right the entire time to get a decent amount.
    TTC since 2008, our little miracle arrived July 2013!

photo fe6a27e4-de39-4f30-81f0-14bbf2fc509c.jpg
  • Options
    @skleigh lol sugar boob

• Options
    I put special snowflake because my dominant boob changes depending on the day. Usually lefty gives me a little more (I'm right handed) but some days righty really pulls through ;)
  • Options
    provwifeprovwife member
    edited November 2013
    Kitten80 said:

Right handed, left side gives 2-3 oz more.

this.

Me too. My LO prefers the left more too. I still can't figure out why. I'm thinking she just likes laying that way better because before I even put her on my right boob she flips out until I switch her the other way to nurse on the left.
  • Options
    I never thought about handedness in regards to production. It's interesting to see the results.
    My left one was always bigger before, but now that I'm nursing, right is bigger and usually produces more. I'm right handed also.
  • Options
    I get more on my right because in the early nursing days baby would not latch on my left and I didn't pump the left enough to up the supply nor have I been attempting to up lefty's supply since. I will forever be boob lop sided.
  • Options
    I pump more on the Left and am right handed.  I will pump 4oz on the left and only 2oz on the right.  When I nurse I always start with the left- so that may be why. 

Anniversary

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I voted right handed/more from lefty, but it's not much of a difference. Like maybe an ounce. It usually just depends on which side DD ate from on her last meal before I pump.

I'm feeling very fortunate that I haven't had any issues pumping. Sending milky vibes to the mommas who have a hard time!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    I'm left handed but grew up in a right handed world, which I guess carried through to my boobies.
  • Options
    I get more from lefty, which is funny. I nurse way more from my right breast, so you would think I'd have some supply issues from Ole Lefty.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"