Things that have so far made my jaw drop while watching this show:
1. Man that gives his wife (who works) $20 a week. He has a couple hundred thousand dollars in the bank. She is unaware of this. Pays for $90 meal in change. (But attempted to make six people share three plates of food at a buffet). They also lack furniture.
2. Man who has free rent but makes his roommates pay rent and also flushes toilet weekly. Uses yogurt containers as cups. Guest gets the big container!
3. Woman who is a millionaire dumpster dives and forages in the woods for family dinner.
4. A couple shares shampoo suds, toothbrushes, deodorant (one swipe per arm!), and dental floss. They are also going to share a coffin/headstone. They're disappointed they can't just use a normal rock.
5. Woman uses the same Christmas tree every year year-round. IT WAS ONCE ALIVE. It's not even a fake tree. It's just a brown, dead tree. She's also throwing her 10 year old's birthday party at a random retirement home. Why you wouldn't just stay home/go to park, I don't know.