September 2012 Moms
Options

Christmas tree dilema

Last year we set up our Christmas tree and had no problems. This year DH and I want to set it up, but we have to come up with a plan so DD doesn't pull it all down and wreck it all. Now that she's mobile, it's going to be hard keeping her away from it. She already gets into EVERYTHING at home. A lot of our house is baby proofed. What are you doing about your Chirstmas tree? I want our house to be festive, but worry about DD messing everything up or worse yet...hurting herself.

Any advice?

Re: Christmas tree dilema

• Options
    With DD we were always ok. Once we told her not to touch the tree or to touch gently, she was ok. DS is a maniac. I found a play yard on Craigslist and bought it to put around the tree. I still anticipate problems, but I'm hoping it will help.
  • Options
    We are going to start by just setting it up in the corner of the living room with all non-breakable ornaments on the bottom. DS is rarely unsupervised in that room and I will attempt to keep him away from it. If all else fails, we might have to put a gate up to keep him away, but I prefer not to. I'm definitely not giving up my Christmas decorations for the next few years.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're just going to put it up and see if she bothers it or not.  If it's a huge problem, we'll just get a little one and put it on our table, but that's a last resort.  
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • Options
    I mentioned this in the other thread, but I've pretty much decided now--a decent sized (real) tree set up on a table and lots of garland and boughs on the mantle, sideboard, etc.  I don't have the energy to get DD out of the tree every five minutes, and I know she will want to get into it because she wants to explore everything.  Time and again.  

Festive but hassle-free in terms of baby maintenance.  Plus I'm excited about picking up coordinating ornaments for the tree as our "normal" ornaments are a weird mishmosh and I've always wanted to do something a little more styled.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"