Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Please help.. MMC

First I want to start out by saying that each one of you in this board is in my thoughts and prayers..

On Thursday, I went in for my first US.  I was supposed to be 10w4d, but I measured 6w1d.  After a second US to confirm (the same day), I did blood work scheduled another US for the end of next week, and my doctor left me with, "we don't really know what has happened, we will wait to find out next week."  I am left with not knowing how to feel.  Physically I feel pregnant; however, mentally one minute I am happy, and the next minute I am mad at the whole world.  

To get to the point, I have done some research, and it has been not growing inside of me for 5 weeks, which is a cause for concern.  Am I correct? Should I be worried about infection?  My body shows no sign of miscarrying it naturally.  I have had no spotting, bleeding, cramping, back aches... 

Any sort of input would be great.  

Re: Please help.. MMC

• A similar thing happened to me last week. First appointment last Friday they were unable to see or hear a heartbeat and she said it was a 50-50 chance into me to schedule another ultrasound on Monday had to wait all weekend long to find out that my worst fears were confirmed. It was a total shock being as I did not have any symptoms such as bleeding spotting etc. I was nine weeks but the baby had stopped growing at about six weeks. I had a D&e on Wednesday. Barely gotten off the Since then and I dread going back to work tomorrow. I would hope since they know your situation they would not put you in any danger of infection. Once my miscarriage was confirmed they scheduled my D&e right away. I'm sorry for your loss it is really helped me being on this website I hope you find the same comfort here
  • ((hugs)) I'm sorry but unless there is a way you think your dates might be off then I think you are having a mmc. I am confused as to why your dr. didn't give you a definitive answer. It sounds like everything is pointing to a miscarriage. I don't think there is much of a worry about infection. Drs usually worry when your body starts to miscarry but some is left behind. As for your symptoms, I was having morning sickness right up until I got my D&C. My body just hadn't gotten the message yet. I think the limbo you are in right now is hard. Hugs to you.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this. No growth is very concerning unless, as pp has said, your dates might be off. I had a MMC - for me we had no growth for over two consecutive weeks shown via 2 consecutive ultrasounds, but we had a very low heartbeat during both. So it was basically impending and we had to wait for no heartbeat to move forward. I also had no signs of MC naturally - had all my symptoms, no cramping, no spotting/bleeding. After the 3rd ultrasound, there was no heartbeat and I was able to pick an option (took Cytotec to get it started). I had no signs of infection (look for fever) and physically I was/am fine. I know it's not much comfort, but it is possible for you to have no growth for a period of time, but the fetal pole to be living with a heartbeat for an extended period of time after growth stops, so don't assume the pregnancy has been over since the date of last growth and infection is more likely. It can also take weeks to miscarry naturally, many do this without infection. It sounds like your doctor is monitoring you and you'll have an answer soon. T&P to you.

• I'm so sorry for your loss! I don't have much to add. I had an incomplete miscarriage at 9 weeks before I ever had my first appt. So no, I don't think you at high risk for infection unless something in your medical history would suggest otherwise. I ended up having a d&c - happened very quickly. They were concerned about infection because of all the blood in my uterus, but not because of the actual miscarriage.

I highly suggest talking to your dr openly about your concerns and options. Feel free to ask questions and gather support around here. Wishing you all the best. *big hugs*
    TTC: Since July 2013
    BFP #1: EDD 05/27/2014 (D&C 10/17/2014)
  • Previous posters have covered my thoughts on your question, just wanted to say sorry for your loss. Hugs to you during this difficult time.
    Me: 28 DH: 30 
    TTC-January 2013
    BFP#1--September 2013 (EDD 5/30/2014)--D&C for Missed MC @ 9 weeks 3 days
    BFP#2--August 2014 (EDD 4/30/2015) --hoping this is our rainbow!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"