Single Parents

How long did it take you to get your period after pregnant?

So after DD was born (May), I got my period in 2 months later. My period came twice (July and August), but I don't get it on on September till now. I'm a FBF mom. 

When you guys start getting the period? Does it come regularly or same as me?
Pulpit rockBabyName Ticker

Re: How long did it take you to get your period after pregnant?

• I'm not fully up to speed on the acronyms, what does FBF stand for?

I got my period not too long after the healing time from giving birth (gave birth in June, 2.5 wk of the bloody part of the healing process, then the 6wk check up, and later that month, so about August) but I was also put on regular birth control, so I attribute it to that.  Ever since then and then the switch to the mini-pill (after we realized I wasn't on the mini-pill), I've gotten my period regularly. Which sucks. I was told breastfeeding also kept your period from coming back and I was so mad when it started to show up almost immediately. 

If it becomes something you feel really concerned about, call your doctor, but from the sound of it, it doesn't seem all that serious. A friend of mine, whose baby was born 10 days before mine and she is exclusively breastfed, gets spotty every other month or so. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I got mine after getting on the mirena at 10 weeks pp. Ive had it in for almost two months and still have spotting so i dont have a good answer for you
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 10 weeks PP and just got my period again
    Liliana Seraphina born 9/5/2103

• I got my period back exactly 10 months pp (which was just a couple of weeks ago). I'm still breastfeeding but have cut down on the number of feeds per day now that LO is on solids. I wish it never came back! LOL

• My baby girl was born in January. We started feeding solids in July, when she was 6 months old. In August, I got my period back. DD was 7 months old. It has been pretty regular since. I still breastfeed at night, in the morning, and occasionally during the day if she's cranky and needs it, but we mostly feed her solids. I contribute starting solids and reducing the amount of breastfeeding to the return of my regular cycle. I also wish it hadn't come back, but at least I know I'm not pregnant again. haha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"