July 2013 Moms
Options

The hair loss

Oh man - when will it stop? And if I have to lose hair, why can't it be the gray ones? Anyone else feel like they are totally going bald?
babysizer.com pregnancy ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The hair loss

• Options
    I straightened my hair the other day (usually just wear it in a pony tail) and it was practically coming out in clumps.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes! It's gross and frustrating! I'm wondering if a hair cut would help?
    After 4.5 years our miracle IVF baby is here!
    Born 7/30/13
  • Options
    @linzland - I got mine cute and still, the loss. I just goggled it and we can be this way for a year!

And how the babe manages to get one tiny strand wrapped all around her fingers I have no idea.

• Options
    It's really really really bad. I brush my hair before I shower, get a big clump, brush after my shower, get another clump, then again first thing in the morning and another big clump. Luckily my hair was pretty thick to begin with but sheesh.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    OMG I am losing so much hair that I swear I have enough to build another me, lol!
  • Options
    I'm already checking out wigs, thinking at this rate, I will need a little more than extensions in a year...

Perhaps the GI Jane look will make a comeback????

imageimage

• Options
    Yes, it is insane! I don't remember it this bad with DS1. My hair gets so tangled with all the loose strands when I am trying to comb it through when damp. Takes forever to comb! I have a ton of hair so I am actually grateful to lose a little but the tangling is terrible.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Well - thank you ladies. I feel better know I won't be the only bald mommy :) HA!

• Options
    Ditto. I could make wigs with the hair I pull out in the shower and out of my brush. I upped my folic acid intake hoping it might help.
  • Options
    It freaking ridiculous man. I sweep my bathroom twice a day to combat all the hair.

imageimage            

• Options
    Me too. This has happened with each of my three kids. I get handfuls when I wash my hairs and comb it. I remember it taking several months to stop falling out the last two times.
  • Options
    I cut my hair short hoping it would help.  No luck.  Now all the strands are just short and harder to see.  I am not going bald since I have more hair than I know what to do with.  I wonder if shaving my head would help.  Hair grosses me out.
  • Options
    Well - I guess I can always do what I do to my poor LO and rock a huge hair bow to hide any bald spots!

• Options
    my girl loves to pull my hair, so I always have it up in a messy bun or in a braid. so when I take a shower every night all the lose hairs fall out. it's so dang annoying peeling hairs off my legs every night in the shower. I think it should stop soon!

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    oh, and just wait till it starts growing back in, you'll feel like a baby chick.

baby #1 boy 11.1.02 baby #2 boy 2.25.04 baby #3 girl 6.28.13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker my blog
  • Options
    Dubs1978Dubs1978 member
    edited November 2013
    @mandyrator79 - so glad I have something to look forward to!

ETA: And I bet the new will be all gray.

• Options
    I also have thick hair but am losing it like crazy. I have a receding hair line now and very thin spots in front where u can see the scalp. My dr seems to be worried because of prolactin levels being high so I am seeing a endocrinologist Friday and getting an MRI. Hopefully it's nothing but she thinks it may be a microadenoma.
    I have found it wrapped around DD toe ( scared me ) and somehow a strand found its way into hair in her diaper.
  • Options
    Yep. I had to stop curling my hair because it kept coming out in handfuls. Still does in the shower and when I wake up my bed had at least ten strands.
  • Options
    My friend is a nutritionist, and she recommended a sublingual B12 supplement. The B vits help with regrowth, but they're destroyed in the stomach, so you need one that dissolves in the mouth. I'm taking 1000mcg twice daily, and it is starting to help now. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    @thegoodpotato - thanks for the tip. I'll try it!

• Options
    It's terrible :(
  • Options
    I have thin hair. So loosing the hair I have/had is horrible! I'm ready to go get a wig for a while. I don't remember loosing this much hair after having my girls!
  • Options
    ljs4117 said:
    This is a thing!?  Now I'm nervous.... :(

I have thick hair (thankfully) and the only time I had crazy hair loss is while on hormonal birth control.  I used to be so freaked out that I would count the strands in the shower.  It doesn't help that I have a loose hair phobia, whatever that would be called.  DH got really tired of all the clumps of hair on the shower wall.  I'm gross.

During pregnancy my hair basically stopped coming out altogether.  I knew this because I never had to remove those pesky hairs that used to find their way into buttcrack.  You know what I'm talking about?  Ok... I'm going to stop now.

Just laughed out loud at "pesky hairs that find their way into buttcrack"! I know exactly what you mean, unfortunately, @ljs4117! And you shouldn't have to worry about the hair loss till this time next year. How are you feeling?

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Definitely me! When does it stop?!?
  • Options
    I've vacuumed 4 times this week and my hair is still everywhere. I keep frantically checking to make sure there are no hairs wrapped around baby's appendages.
  • Options
    Yep. My hair has been finding its way to my underwear. :/
  • Options
    Yes! My hairdresser even said she could tell where it was thinner! I find my hair everywhere! It's all through my bed.
  • Options
    We are even finding my hair on the kitchen counters...I don't even cook that much!
    photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg
  • Options
    Yes it sucks! I feel like I can't wear my hair up anymore because it's so thin on the sides that I have random short pieces of hair. Annoying
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Options
    It's everywhere. I even pull out clumps from my butt crack after I shower. Yuck!
  • Options
    @KTZ17 - Doing well!  Had my initial appt today.  It is basically just the one where you talk about your medical history, they make you pee in a cup, and then stab your arm for blood.  Apparently I'm still pregnant as they continued on with the appt after I peed for them.  

Wow, that sounds super negative.  I'm just anxious about something happening I guess.

Anyway.. I have my first actual OB appt on the 25th.  I'll be a little over 11 weeks and that's when I'll have my first u/s.  I'm nervous as hell!

Thanks for asking :)
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • Options

@linzland - I got mine cute and still, the loss. I just goggled it and we can be this way for a year!

And how the babe manages to get one tiny strand wrapped all around her fingers I have no idea.

A year!!!!! I was just going to google how long tonight. At this rate for a year, I will be legit bald. And I have a crapload of hair normally. The clumps are scary and gross .

• Options

ljs4117 said:
    This is a thing!?  Now I'm nervous.... :(

I have thick hair (thankfully) and the only time I had crazy hair loss is while on hormonal birth control.  I used to be so freaked out that I would count the strands in the shower.  It doesn't help that I have a loose hair phobia, whatever that would be called.  DH got really tired of all the clumps of hair on the shower wall.  I'm gross.

During pregnancy my hair basically stopped coming out altogether.  I knew this because I never had to remove those pesky hairs that used to find their way into buttcrack.  You know what I'm talking about?  Ok... I'm going to stop now.
    are we the same person? I know exactly what you're talking about. I'm losing hair like crazy lately.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"