March 2012 Moms
Options

Anyone else still breast feeding?

We are still breastfeeding at bedtime.... actually more like whenever. LO eats food all the time...but he still DEMANDS his Boobies. I'm getting to the point where I'm pretty much done ....but not sure if its because i'm feeling pressure from social norm of not BF this for this long. LO LOVES his mommy time and throws fits when I try to ween. 

Just not sure how I feel about it anymore. maybe im just having an off day.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage

Re: Anyone else still breast feeding?

• Options
    I breastfed until the beginning of Sept. when I had to stop because it was starting to hurt something fierce.  I think if it's still working for both of you, then forget what "society" says and keep at it!  If you feel like you're done, though, I'd think about stopping.  I kept going for a while because I was afraid it was going to be really hard on Jane.  She cried for two nights and has never looked back.  I think weaning was way harder on me than it was on her!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We weaned at a year. I wanted my body back (aka smaller boobs and no one hanging on me) so I do understand where you are coming from.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

We just weaned about a month ago.  I thought I would have gone as long as she wanted but then it got to the point where I knew I was done.  You'll know when it's time!

BabyFruit Ticker

Georgia 3/15/2012 Matilda 6/12/2014 TWINS!! Babies 3&4 EDD 11/22/2016
  • Options
    I breastfed until the beginning of Sept. when I had to stop because it was starting to hurt something fierce.  I think if it's still working for both of you, then forget what "society" says and keep at it!  If you feel like you're done, though, I'd think about stopping.  I kept going for a while because I was afraid it was going to be really hard on Jane.  She cried for two nights and has never looked back.  I think weaning was way harder on me than it was on her!

• Options
    We still do! :) I would love to stop b/c I'm super over it, but E LOVES it. So we keep on. :) 

It's not the societal norm, but it's not biologically inappropriate. Still well within the norm there. :) 
    I used to be "Chasingthedog" but it would never let me update my profile.
    The Sheepdog | My sorry looking chart
  • Options
    We still nurse several times a day. I second the extended BF check-in on the Breastfeeding board, it's a great place to get support from other mamas!
  • Options
    I still nurse DD first thing in the morning. Though I'm not sure how much she is getting honestly. But she always asks for it, so I oblige. This is the only session we still nurse. I'm going away for a business trip this weekend and this will be the first time I'm away from her over night... EVER. So we'll see how she does without the boob in the morning.
  • Options

Thank you everyone! It is so great to know I am not alone. I am happy that im able to still nurse. Especially after this past weekend with LO and stomach bug. He couldn't keep anything down except my milk. So I will continue for awhile more. Thank you for that kellymom article!

Im really thankful i have you all for support. XOX

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"