December 2012 Moms
Options

Need quick snack ideas...

The user and all related content has been deleted.

Re: Need quick snack ideas...

• Options
    JackiemxoxoJackiemxoxo member
    edited November 2013
    All of the things you mentioned were good and we do too. Some other snacks we do:

turkey and cheese

hardboiled eggs

tomatoes and cheese

bananas and oranges

avocados

ETA: If we are on the go these go in a ziplock next to a freezer pack.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Just curious... what kind of cheese?  Thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    tiffwedd said:
    @tiffwedd, they can have any. DD gets whatever we have in the fridge at the time, so string cheese, smoked Gouda, Havarti, Cheddar, cottage cheese.
    Ivy: July 2010  |  Stella: Dec 2012  |  BFP#3: MMC at 11Wk's, July 2017 | Wyatt: April 2019 | BFP#5: Twin Girls due Sept 2020

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    tiffwedd said:
    @tiffwedd, they can have any. DD gets whatever we have in the fridge at the time, so string cheese, smoked Gouda, Havarti, Cheddar, cottage cheese.
    Thanks very much!  They do eat shredded cheddar cheese but I was wondering what kind to introduce next.
  • Options
    Am I the only one waiting until after a year to give eggs, peanut butter, and strawberries? Also aren't the LOs a little small yet for grapes? Choking hazard?!!
  • Options
    She loves cheese, any kind and she's happy. We do a lot of grapes, black berries, raspberries, carrots, whole apples, pears, goldfish crackers, bagel with cream cheese...

imageimageimage
  • Options
    @mrsnschneiter. Morgan hasn't had peanut butter or eggs yet.  Our Pedi said not until after 12 months at the earliest.  She has had strawberries because we pureed them into her food.  We don't have any food allergies in our family but I want to follow what my doctor says.  

We Made A Wish....

And You Came True!

• Options
    Our doctor (like a pp mentioned) said anything is free game except for honey and milk until 1 year. They think delaying may actually cause food allergies to develop later but you are the parent and can make the best decisions for your kid. Also, if family history has allergies then obviously off limits too. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"