July 2013 Moms
Options

CPW-bump buddy sharing

babykkbabykk member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
Do you tell your DH or other family and friends about the bump community and your interweb friends?
Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

CPW-bump buddy sharing 115 votes

Of course! No shame in my game
62% 72 votes
I don't talk about it to others, it's my get away
24% 28 votes
SS-other
3% 4 votes
So.many.clicky.polls.
9% 11 votes

Re: CPW-bump buddy sharing

• Options
    I tell pregnant friends and family about it, but I don't think they have ever checked it out :( DH doesn't like social media, but he knows I look at "baby stuff", so I don't talk to him about it. I would be lost without J13 :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    my mom and dh, that's it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    My sister and I are always talking about our bump friends. She was on February 2012 and they moved to fb.
  • Options
    MH and a few coworkers, that's it.
  • Options
    DH knows, but he gets annoyed by it actually. He thinks it's making me obsessive over baby things...like how a hypochondriac would go overboard on Dr. Google. He's also probably annoyed because I've bought a bunch of things for DS because I've found out about them here. Ooops :)
  • Options

My sister and I are always talking about our bump friends. She was on February 2012 and they moved to fb.

Now I'm curious. I found bump through a good friend irl who was on the Feb 12 board. Some of them were an ass to her this year and chased her off.
  • Options
    2012ames said:

Now I'm curious. I found bump through a good friend irl who was on the Feb 12 board. Some of them were an ass to her this year and chased her off.

That sucks :(
    I hope it wasn't my sister! I don't even know her screen name. Lol which is weird.... I never snooped and read any of her posts. Now I wanna!!
  • Options

2012ames said:

That sucks :(
    I hope it wasn't my sister! I don't even know her screen name. Lol which is weird.... I never snooped and read any of her posts. Now I wanna!!
    Ok I just asked my sister about it and I was wrong. I don't know anything lol. Apparently she didn't post on feb 12 after miranda was born. She was more involved on the getting pregnant board on the nest which is the one they moved to fb.
  • Options
    Sort of--DH knows I get a lot of my information off the bump. He just doesn't know how much. He things forums are lame. Pfft.
    July 13 Siggy Challenge December'14: Christmas/Holiday Movie
    Bonus: Ugly Sweater

photo 89022d03-637e-4c13-aa0a-686e2c5d2bd8_zps58cec4a3.png
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    emandiaemandia member
    edited November 2013
    Oh heck yeah!!  My husband is used to it.  I'm really close with a lot of girls from my BabyCenter Aug 2003 board.  Love those girls.  None of my friends think twice about when I bring up my "board friends". I bring you guys up in daily conversations like we all hang out.  haha
  • Options

I tell pregnant friends that I 'look' at it for advice. I don't tell anyone my username. I don't have anything to hide but I don't want friends and family finding me for some reason. I tell DH and my mom about all the goings on of J13 though.

Same same :)
    Me:33/DH: 34
    Married: July 28, 2012
    DD: July 29, 2013
    DS: July 1, 2015
    Current EDD: May 15, 2017
  • Options
    I tell DH and my mom about it. I also send DH good drama posts. He likes to play devils advocate and stick up for the poster. Then I'll send him a gif on our iPhones that says, "get out of here with that shit." Did y'all know iPhones could send gifs? It.is.awesome!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @rondosa are we married to the same guy?! When I mention anything from here I preface it with "I know you don't want to hear this but..."
  • Options
    SO and I talk about my Bump friends, but when I'm talking to other people, I usually just refer to you as "friends." I have a fairly large social circle, so no one asks me who. ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Just my dh, but I have recommended it to other moms to be.
  • Options
    fabk said:
    @rondosa are we married to the same guy?! When I mention anything from here I preface it with "I know you don't want to hear this but..."

Seriously! When he sees me on my phone he's like "get off that damn forum!" lol :D
  • Options
    rondosa said:
    fabk said:

Seriously! When he sees me on my phone he's like "get off that damn forum!" lol :D
    Same guy for sure!!!!
  • Options
    I have talked to DH and a few coworkers about it, my coworkers don't get it though. I also told my sister about it and she acted like it was weird. I pretty much just keep it to myself and enjoy it for myself now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"