Baby Showers
Options

Cant stand Amazon

I really can't stand my Amazon Registry. Everyday the vendors and prices change drasticaly. So on any given day, its a good deal or the item is way over-priced. Where is another place with good prices and variety that I can do my registry? Thanks.

Re: Cant stand Amazon

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    KateMW said:

Amazon has the best prices I've seen. Let your guests comparison shop around the site, it even recommends when it's a lower price.

I agree.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

If you are looking for best possible price, I reccomend Walmart.

They carry a lot of the national brands-- Graco, Pampers, Carters etc.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    nah82nah82 member
    edited November 2013
    You could also consider using myregistry.com to combine registries if, say, the Diaper Genie is cheaper at Walmart but the stroller is cheaper at Target, and something else is cheaper on Amazon, etc.  Guests can also mark something purchased on myregistry.com if they purchase an item somewhere else besides the place you registered for it.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I used Wal-Mart, they have nice prices and a lot of brand names.

imageimageimage

• Options

You could also consider using myregistry.com to combine registries if, say, the Diaper Genie is cheaper at Walmart but the stroller is cheaper at Target, and something else is cheaper on Amazon, etc.  Guests can also mark something purchased on myregistry.com if they purchase an item somewhere else besides the place you registered for it.
    Amazon's registry is also a "universal registry"-- you can add an Ikea crib, etc. it's got a browser plugin that bookmarks the webpage and pulls price, thumbnail pic, etc into your Amazon registry
    Ah, gotcha!  With the price changes it just sounded like everything was an Amazon listing.  I still would try to pick most stuff from stores like Walmart, Target, etc. where people have the option to shop in-store, because some people like to shop in person, and some people like to wait until the weekend before the shower to shop when it is too late for shipping.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I agree with PPs of adding a physical store to your registry. For me, there were a lot of older ladies that do not own computers and even if they did, they did not have the internet because the internet snatches children....or the internet can see into your house and steal your private information.... So yes, physical store. I like the Walmart idea, everyone has a Walmart near them.
    I have the exact same thing in my family.  Most of them do not shop on the internet.  They are scared of their credit card information being stolen so they refuse to make online purchases.  I made a registry at BRU because it's international (USA and Canada) whereas buy buy baby is not.  They also offer the option of online shopping and in-store shopping.  Personally, I prefer in-store shopping because I like to touch and see the item I'm purchasing.
  • Options
    I wouldn't think babies r us would be cheaper than amazon.  Everything I have found BRU I have found on amazon cheaper. 
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    lurker here... Amazon is the best, I have no complains at all with them. I did my registry with them and also BRU, I basically had the big ticket items in Amazon because the difference was substantial, like 100$ cheaper on the Britax travel system, and on top of that got 15% completion coupon, can't beat that.
    I do agree that sometimes they'll change the vendors if there's an item that goes out of stock, what a customer service rep told me is that if you have an item on your registry sold by Amazon and it goes out of stock they will update your registry automatically to push the next best price with the fastest shipping date. I had like 30 items on my registry there and that only happened with one item, one week later Amazon had it back in stock and problem solved.
    Also Amazon has excellent customer service, BRU not impressed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    And BRU accepts coupons...
  • Options
    Buy buy baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"