Working Moms

Help! 6 month supply slump?

DS is 5 and a half months, and the amount I am pumping at work has tanked in the last week and a half. 

For example, my big pumping session at work is usually at 10 am.  I usually pump between 10 and 12 ounces then, but this morning I only pumped 3 ounces in 20 minutes!  Also, I usually pump between 18 and 20 ounces per day, and Monday and Tuesday I only pumped 12 ounces, even though I added an extra session on Tuesday.  DS usually eats 16 ounces per day at daycare, so I think I am going to fall behind pretty quickly if this keeps up. 

I just nursed for 5 days over Christmas, and DS seemed satisfied.  He also seems pretty happy with his 2 morning feedings and two night feedings. 

It is my supply or could it be my pump?  I changed the parts a couple of weeks ago, but the suction just doesn't seem as strong.  I also have been able to mostly keep to a consistent schedule of three times a day, at 10 am, 1 pm and 4 pm.

Is this the fabled 6 month slump a few weeks early?  Did anyone else go through this?  What was your solution?  An extra session at work or home?  Fenugreek?  Mother's milk tea?

Re: Help! 6 month supply slump?

• have you gotton a pp period yet?  I got my first one at 7 1/2 months and my supply really tanked for a few days before it.  It did bounce back.  Are you drinking enough fluids?  Has he started solids?  Make sure he's not eating too much instead of drinking.  You can try fenugreek or Mothers Milk Tea to give your supply a boost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • No, I haven't had a pp period yet, so that's a good thought. 

I drink a TON of water during the day, and we haven't started any solids yet.  I may need to make a stop on the way home from work and get some supplements

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"