July 2013 Moms
Options

4 mo check up and shots check-in

How is everyone else fairing with the 4mo vaccines?

DS didn't seem to cry as long with this one, but we are up right now with a low grade fever and pretty fussy (Einstein Lullaby and swing are coming in handy). He went from the 50th percentile in weight to the 10th percentile (such a little guy!) but his head circumference is in the 75th-90th percentile. So all that milk is going straight to his brain. He'll be a genius :)

photo df66db4a-fa98-43a8-9785-a437ac2b779f_zpsbd91495c.jpg

Re: 4 mo check up and shots check-in

• Options
    DS just went for his yesterday.  He did pretty good.  I checked his temp this morning and it was normal and he STTN (he does most of the time).  I guess the test will be how he does today at DC and how he is tonight.  He didn't have much of a reaction to his 2 month shots, so hopefully this round  will be the same.  He is in the 98th percentile for height and has dropped to around the 50th for weight. I hope your LO was able to get some rest! 
  • Options
    Congrats on the good checkups! Hopefully today is a fever and fuss free day for all the bebes.

We had ours yesterday, too. The vax reaction was better than at 2 months. She did end up with a fever and was pretty miserable by early evening so we gave her a dose of Tylenol. I rechecked her temp an hour later and it was back down to a normal range, so I rocked her to sleep and she slept for 9.5 hours. WHAT!? Poor kid. :( She hasn't even gotten to 8 and only past 7 about 5 times since those early "sleep all the time" days. She seemed like her usual self this morning. She's back asleep now for her morning nap, so we'll see how today goes.

Her height and weight swapped percentiles. It was kind of weird. She was 52% for weight (10lb 13oz) and 73% for height (23 in) at 2 months and now she is 73% for weight (14 lb 10.4 oz) and 52% for height (24.25in) using the CDC charts. Her percentages are lower using the WHO chart. (60% weight, 41% height).

She had "asymmetrical creases" on her thighs, so we are being sent to get an ultrasound of her hips. The pediatrician says that he thinks it is "nothing," but they have to check "just in case." Has anyone else's baby had this? I'm not sure what to expect for the ultrasound. Hopefully it's not too bad and nothing is wrong. :\ Nervous now. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Had the shots at 3pm PST yesterday, she cried a few seconds after the first needle went in her right leg, kept it up for the second needle then when the nurse was cleaning the left one prior to giving her the next two she screamed louder and had this look of realization on her face like "Hey, I know what happens after you clean that. Stop it right now!" It broke my heart!

She is sleeping a ton just like her 2 month shots, but when she is awake she has given me some smiles and not just cried the whole time... So that's a much better improvement over her 2 month shots. She is still asleep for the night, its 5:45 over here right now. I just woke up to use the bathroom then saw a basket of goodies waiting for me for my birthday :) Good job DH! Now I can't go back to sleep.

All in all, we fared better this round of shots. I was prepared for the WORST since some of you ladies were saying it could be harder the second round. However, we were lucky and she is just extra cuddly, sleepy and just a little bit fussy.

Stats:
    18w4d
    13lbs 9oz
    24.5 inches
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options

We had our appointment 2 weeks ago.  LO did much better than the 2 month shots.  She only cried for like a minute at the office and then calmed right back down.  No fever and not too fussy. She is off the charts for everything.  She is 28in and 18bs 5oz.  Huge baby!

• Options
    She went last week. She was much more tired and grumpy afterwards than the 2 month shots. By Sunday she was back to herself....all smiles and chill. She weighs 13.9 lbs and is 24 in long. Still in the 25th% and doing great.
  • Options
    DD had her's last week.  She is 94% for her head- 24.5 inches long and 14lbs 15.5oz.  She had a small fever that night and was fussy for the whole next day.  I felt so bad for her but I'm glad it's over with now!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    We went today! She's 14 pounds and 26 in long. She's gonna be a tall one...Dad is 6`3. She only cried for 30 seconds and is already passed out. She was very sleepy for her 2 month shots as well.
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Options
    We went last week...less crying at the office but this time he woke up 3hiurs later super upset, had to dose some Tylenol after 2hrs because he just wouldn't settle.

He jumped up to the 90th on height and stayed around the 75th for weight. No wonder he seems to be outgrowing all his footed onesies now!
  • Options
    Sounds like everyone is having good check-ups!
  • Options
    All good for us. But I don't remember the stats because we went in 2 weeks early. She was better after these shots than the 2 month ones
  • Options
    roashem2008roashem2008 member
    edited November 2013
    All good for us too. We went yesterday. Emma is 12 lb 7oz and 24.5 inches long. The pedi did say her head is a little flat on the right. :( So we will be working on that. She did well with her shots, and slept for most of the afternoon. She had a low grade fever before bed last night but seems to back to her normal self this morning!

• Options
    We went Monday. He is off the charts with everything. 20lbs and 27 1/4 inches. Horrible time with the shots this time. Super sleepy Monday night, and yesterday fever and fussy. Hoping today is better.
  • Options
    Keenan had his on Monday. Cried and cried at the shots, but settled down by the time we left the office. I work from home Mondays so I just cuddled him most of the day. He did need some Tylenol midday and then right before bed, but really did well. Super big kid:

Height: 28 inches, 100th %
    Weight: 18 lbs, 94th %
    Head: 88th % (I think?)
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    I was a slacker and forgot to make the appointment so he has an appointment for Tuesday for the shots. He did have his well check today though. He's good. 40th for height and weight. Doc was impressed by his muscle tone and the ability to sit unassisted and isn't worried about not rolling yet.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    Liam did great - definitely easier than the 2 month shot wise!  He cried when he got the shots but immediately was fine when we picked him up and he started laughing. I also found less of a reaction/tiredness this time around.  He is weighing in at 16 pounds/26 inches.  Happy 4 months everyone :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We did great all day the day she got the shots, the next night broke out in hives with 104.5 fever and non stop crying. Brought into er, said was a reaction to the pertussis vaccine. Also severe ear infection. So not so good for us this time.

Also everything is off the charts. 17.5 lbs, 25.5 in. And 17.5 head circumference.
  • Options
    My guy did much better this time with his shots than he did at his 2mo.
    He's 14.1 lbs and 24in!
    I think our babies are twinsies! We have had the same appointment dates and their stats are the same! Their only difference seems to be one is a boy and the other is a girl :)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Loving all the updates on the healthy and happy J13 babies! Caleb goes the day before Thanksgiving, hope it goes well for us too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    We went today. Shots were awful and she has been screaming pretty much all evening.

She is still tiny. 9lb 8oz, 24 in (40%), and head was 15.5 in (12%). She is below the chart for weight but since she got her lip tie/tongue tie released she jumped up and is flirting with the 3% line.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    She did OK with the shots. She is long and lean. 25.5 inches long and 13 lbs 1 oz.
    K & M married 10.8.2011 *** BFP 7.17.2012, EDD 3.21.2013, Miscarriage at 6 wks 3 days *** BFP #2 11.7.2012, beautiful Tess born 7.11.2013
  • Options
    LO cried more for these shots and ended up with a fever and a fussy day. I had to work so MIL got to spend all day cuddling my little cry baby!
  • Options

@heyhaylee oh no! Is she feeling better?

• Options
    My guy did much better this time with his shots than he did at his 2mo.
    He's 14.1 lbs and 24in!
    I think our babies are twinsies! We have had the same appointment dates and their stats are the same! Their only difference seems to be one is a boy and the other is a girl :)
    @dontgiveupnomatterwhat, that's really cool! 
  • Options
    heyhayleeheyhaylee member
    edited November 2013
    amaburch said:

@heyhaylee oh no! Is she feeling better?

Much better, thanks! Now we are just dealing with other issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"