Health & Exercise

Zumba at Home?

I used to really enjoy Zumba at the gym, but we cancelled my membership now that I SAH. I'm thinking about trying the Zumba DVDs or games. Has anyone tried them? How do they compare to actual classes?

Re: Zumba at Home?

• I had the same problem - I didn't find the time for my local zumba class.
    I found this review of the zumba exhilarate set that can help you make a decision.
    For me it works very good. Sometimes the kids join me and it becomes a party at home.
  • I have the exhilarate set and when I actually take the time to do the workout it's great.  I definitely work up a sweat and for me I feel like I get a little funkier with my moves than if I was in a class full of other people.  I ordered mine off QVC but Amazon has it as well.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks, ladies! I think I'm going to see if the local library might have a copy so I can at least see what the workouts are like on DVD. Or I'll hit up ebay. :)

• I used to take a Zumba class once a week at the gym, but we also cancelled our membership recently to save money. I have the older Zumba DVDs (the set that came out a couple years ago) and do them often...I actually feel like I sweat more and burn more calories at home than in a class, since there is less down time between songs.  I've tried out the Exhilarate DVDs from the library, and they are a fun change, but I don't love it enough to buy it, so I just occasionally borrow them for a few weeks from the library.  Our library has both Zumba sets of DVDs, along with a ton of other DVDs (like Turbofire, P90X, etc) so it's a great resource for trying them out!!  :)
  • I like them but they don't replace my favorite zumba instructor at the gym. The dvd is comparable to my avg zumba instructors at the gym though. And the DVDs are god but I feed off of others energy in class.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"