Austin Babies
Options

***TTC check-in***

Good morning, lovely ladies. (I always loved that you started it like that, Monkey.) I'll take over the TTC check-ins unless someone else has a burning desire!

QOTW: As you look back on your TTC journey for 2008, what have you gotten out of it?

As always, please feel free to share updates.

Lots of love to BeckO--congrats, girly, you will be missed!!--and our two other BFPs this week! 

Dear Bump: You suck.

Re: ***TTC check-in***

• Options

Why, good morning rssnlvr! There seems to be no one else around. I mean, that's cool and all. I know there are lurkers out there who are TTC. They may just not want to put their bid-ness out there for all to see. And I know there are girls who will be starting to TTC next year, and this question doesn't really apply to them. So for now, it's just me and you, rssnlvr.

QOTW: While I could wax poetic on this topic (since clearly I wouldn't be taking up too much room in this post), I'll just leave it at this: our TTC journey has been hilarious and heart breaking. It has strengthened me, my DH, and our relationship. It has reminded us day in and day out that the best things are worth fighting for, and I know that we will appreciate our future baby in a way unique to those who struggled and waited for it. It has been a blessing and we will never be the same as we were before it.

Update: who am I kidding. You all know where I'm at. Fingers crossed, holding breath, and all that jazz.

Lots of love to all my girls who have moved on. I can feel you all in here with me.

And to you lurkers, quit being so shy. I'm in here talking to myself for friggin sake.  

• Options
    Well, I am basically a poser in this weekly thread since I am not actively TTC, but I do have baby fever. My 2008 journey of TTA has taught me that I either need to bust a move on career stuff (finishing my Ph.D.) or re-evaluate our plans for when to start TTC. Also, we are trying to save as much $ as possible this year in case the economy starts to have some really adverse effects on DH's business; plus, we want to be as debt-free as possible before baby. 2008 has taught me to be more mindful of longer-term situations and not let that all fall to my DH's shoulders when I am in the trenches of my research.
    Business Cat. image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagerssnlvr:

Why, good morning rssnlvr! There seems to be no one else around. I mean, that's cool and all. I know there are lurkers out there who are TTC. They may just not want to put their bid-ness out there for all to see. And I know there are girls who will be starting to TTC next year, and this question doesn't really apply to them. So for now, it's just me and you, rssnlvr.

And to you lurkers, quit being so shy. I'm in here talking to myself for friggin sake.  

I heart you.

And wish you lots and lots of luck!!!!

• Options

Rssn, this is probably making you laugh. The one other response you get is from someone who is not actually TTC. But at least you aren't talking to yourself any more!?

Business Cat. image
  • Options
    i'm a poser with you AustinMimi. [:0] Although we had a discussion the other day and we are going to start TTC in 2009. We're going to play it by ear month to month, but I imagine though its only a few months away! Sooo very exciting. I have my annual in January so i'm looking forward to talking to the doc about it.
  • Options
    imagerssnlvr:

bwahahahaha,  nice.  Some of us were working*

QQTW:  I have a habit of becoming obsessed with whatever I'm doing.  So when we started TTC I tried to promise myself not to become obsessed.  And I think I did pretty good until Septemberish  when I started having cycle issues.  since then I've become fairly obsessed,  but hopefully in a good way(proactive researching, stuff like that), and now I'm trying to not to be totally bitter and sad all teh time, and most of the time I've accomplished that(I can still listen to all my friends baby talk without bursting into tears etc.).  So I guess I've learned to not let my emotions rule my life.  And that I can *will* myself to be ok about this,  however I cannot will myself pregnant.  

Update:  I'm right there with you rssn,  just a few more days to wait

*or playing sudoku

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Hello rssn!  Thanks for stepping up and taking over.  Monkey...good luck to you and DH! 

QOTW:  Looking back over this year, I've come to realize how many people have trouble TTC.  When we first got married, and decided to wait a year to concieve, I was under the impression that it would be a quick and simple task.  I've learned to be patient and not take things for granted.  I'm so glad I have this board for advice and commentary, otherwize I would go nuts. 

Updates:  Due to DH's SA results, we've decided to let his 'meds' work for a few months before I do my cycle of Femara (since it's kinda expensive) and pick up where we left off (all while still "trying" of course.). I'm not sure if this is a good idea, but according to the nurse at Seeker's offfice, she said it's strickly our decision.  Some couples do this, while others continue the Femara for a few months.

• Options

Hello everyone! It looks like I missed some stuff while I was out - HUGE congrats BeckO!

Rssnlvr - good luck over the next week. Hopefully this will be your only week doing these updates ;)

Sorry I totally bailed on the FJHH a few weeks ago - I got sick spent most of the day at the doctor's office :P Hopefully we can do another one soon.

QOTW:  I've learned so much during our TTC journey. About my body,  infertility issues, and how common miscarriages are, for starters. I've also been more sad than I expected, and I've learned how badly I want to be a mom. At the same time, I've learned to cherish every moment we have as a childless couple, free to sleep in and do what we want without major planning.

Update: On cycle 7. Headed to the OB next week for a consult.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

So, I guess this is my first official TTC Check-in. My situation sounds very similar to Fly's... we aren't TTC just yet but will start this Spring.

QOTW: We haven't had a journey to reflect on, however, this year was when we decided to TTC in '09. This was a HUGE deal for me... I have never wanted children. And when I say never- I mean it. In fact, it was part of "the deal" when DH and I got engaged. I am a classic case of changing my mind. To me, it seemed to happen suddenly but once it did change- I had no doubts.

I have lurked the board for the past couple of months and have
    learned SO much. I have learned that fertility is something so many take for granted. I assume we will be able to get pregnant when we want, but only God knows His plan. I am already struggling with the fears of how it will change my life. I know it will be so worth it, but...

Thanks for welcoming me into the TTC group. Here's to a great 2009 and tons of BFPs!!! 

• Options

ebat--was it too weird at your parents? We actually ended up getting one more in to seal the deal. Two words: guest bathroom. Yeah. No bueno. Hoping to avoid that scenario in the future! PS - I'm with you on the not letting emotions rule life. I hope there are good things just around the corner for you!

Shern--fingers crossed your DH's meds kick in quickly and y'all don't even have to wait for the femara cycle!

Mainer--GL at the consult!!!

Mimi, Fly, and Aj--good luck ladies! Staring over the brink of TTC is so exciting! 

• Options

De-lurking self. Currently on cycle #26 of TTC. Just finished a failed injectable cycle/IUI #8. Currently on a break cycle because of using injectable meds last cycle (MD has you take a break cycle due to the risk of cysts with injects).

QOTW: I have realized what a supportive husband I have. I've also realized that getting pregnant is so, so much more difficult than I ever thought it would be.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    PrincessBrideSarah - glad to have you join our merry little bunch! So sorry to hear about failed IUI #8. That sucks more than I can imagine. Hopefully you'll find some comfort (or maybe just some laughs and distractions) on this board! GL with whatever the future holds.
  • Options
    Thanka rssnlvr. I've been lurking for a loooong time.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imagerssnlvr:

ebat--was it too weird at your parents? We actually ended up getting one more in to seal the deal. Two words: guest bathroom. Yeah. No bueno. Hoping to avoid that scenario in the future!

It wasn't to bad,  we left a christmas eve party earlier than the rest of my family so we had the house to ourselves. Yeah I don't think a guest bathroom would have been ideal,  yikes!

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagerssnlvr:

QOTW: While I could wax poetic on this topic (since clearly I wouldn't be taking up too much room in this post), I'll just leave it at this: our TTC journey has been hilarious and heart breaking. It has strengthened me, my DH, and our relationship. It has reminded us day in and day out that the best things are worth fighting for, and I know that we will appreciate our future baby in a way unique to those who struggled and waited for it. It has been a blessing and we will never be the same as we were before it.

Update: who am I kidding. You all know where I'm at. Fingers crossed, holding breath, and all that jazz.

Lots of love to all my girls who have moved on. I can feel you all in here with me.

I don't think I'm totally ready to break free of this post yet, as strange as that may sound.  So I'm with you here in spirit for sure!  I pray for you every. single. day.  Lots of love to you!

And lots of love and luck and dust and all that good stuff to everyone else!  It's nice to see the new faces around!

• Options

QOTW:  That all the planning in the world doesnt mean squat.

Updates: CD11, hoping the CBEFM gives me a high before 6am on the 4th when my DH goes out of town for 2 weeks.

Baby Dust to all!

Married and it feels so good! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"