July 2013 Moms

Re: Judge orders woman to stop breast feeding?!?!

• Options
    That makes me so sad for the baby :(
  • Options
    Me too, Andrea.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow.
  • Options
    This pisses me off.
  • Options
    Seriously pisses me off. :(
  • Options
    What the fuck. :(
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Options
    What the fucking fuck--how is that even remotely legal?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    The comments underneath are surprising. Men vs women.

TTC since 6/2003. m/c 9/14/03 8 weeks, 5 chemical pregnancies, mmc 6/04 12 weeks, Michael born sleeping 5/25/05 at 22weeks always our angel, fought ovarian cancer and won, m/c 4/06 5.2 weeks and 7/07 6.6 weeks,Our Miracle baby girl born 4/8/10,mc 12/18/11 at 5.3 weeks, BFP 10/26/12 dating u/s on 11/8/12 showing a strong heartbeat!EDD July 4,2013. RCS on 6/27. Baby boy in NICU for 8 long and scary days before he was able to come home. We are now a happy family of 4

. imageimage

• Options
    So sad, that judge needs a smack upside the head.
    image image image

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    MRadsMRads member
    edited November 2013
    The judge is an idiot. The headline seems to be misleading, since the judge just ordered that the child stay two nights with her father, not that the mother should stop breastfeeding.

It shouldn't come as a surprise that a father would want visitation rights to his child. The mother could probably drop milk off for the following day, or try to work out another scenario. by 10 months, a child should be drinking out of somethibg besides a breast, be it straw, sippy cup or bottle.

It is a sucky situation all around, though.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    I really don't think she has to stop breastfeeding but yes the father deserves time with his baby.

• Options
    Laurendag said:

I think this is a situation where the mother is using breast feeding to try and keep the baby from the father. If they are in a custody battle she should have known this could happen. It's very likely that the woman has never even tried to give her DD a bottle. And I agree that by 10 months she should be drinking out of SOMETHING other than boob. Maybe I'm wrong in thinking that though.

This, exactly this.
  • Options
    This is tough... My baby won't take a bottle, so I really don't know how this would work...
  • Options
    I don't really see where the judge ordered her to stop breastfeeding. The article quotes the mom as saying:

"[The judge] did say something along the lines like, well she should be on formula, or why isn't she on formula, she should be able to have formula at ten months."

That's a dumb and irrelevant thing to say, but it's not even a direct quote, and even if it was it's highly likely it was taken out of context. But even if that's exactly what he said and context doesn't shift the meaning, the reality is that it sounds like the judge ruled that this child's right to spend time with her other parent is more important than her right to be exclusively breastfed from the tap at 10 months. Maybe it's a UO but I agree.

I think the mom in this case did a disservice to actual breastfeeding/lactivism issues by willfully turning a custody dispute into a "ZOMG MY BREASTFEEDING RIGHTS" issue.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"