Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport ?

Does anyone have this car seat? We're thinking of buying it, but I procrastinate a bunch on what car seat to buy.

Im also curious as to how you can properly position the seat without a base?

Any input on this seat would be helpful. Thanks! :o)

Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport Convertible Car Seat is the full name.

Re: Safety 1st Guide 65 Sport ?

• Options
    It is a great seat for the price, fairly long lasting and compact. It can be difficult to install in some cars and generally needs a rolled towel or pool noodle pyramid to get proper recline.
  • Options
    We hated this seat and wound up returning it!! I could never get the right position even with pool noodles. And without a base when you pull the strap to tighten the shoulder straps it yanks the whole seat out of position.

Plus the way the seat fit in our car (Honda accord) it was really difficult to pull the shoulder straps tight enough.

With those 2 issues I just didn't feel safe using it. We wound up buying the evenflo symphony. It was more $$ but I feel it was worth it.

The best car seat advice I've heard is that all car seats meet the same safety standards so the 'best' car seat is going to be the seat you use 100% correctly 100% of the time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    All seats are safe.  This one does well for rear facing for quite a while.  No convertibles (well, except one, I think) have a base that you click the seat into.  All that means is that the LATCH straps are on your seat itself vs on the base.  The install really isn't different.
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options
    I have a Safety First infant carrier. I had to get a pool noodle in order for it to be installed correctly. And I also had problems with the straps for the shoulders. The bottom part of the straps were always getting twisted and it was hard to fix. I am not sure that I would get the same brand when it's time for me to get a convertible. I bought mine mostly in part because I wanted a more girly car seat and/or travel system.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"