Austin Babies
Options

Toddler between sizes. GAH!

I had to get Abby all new tops, sized 24m or 2T because 18m was so snug on her lengthwise and around her tummy. She's got her mommy's long torso and short legs. Her 18m bottoms (jeans/pants) all seem to tight on her big ol' baby belly, but of course all the 24m is way to long and pretty big around the middle. Same goes for her jammies -Too long for 18m but the non-slip feet of the next size end up not actually being on her feet.

It was so much easier before when she was always one size or the other and grew out of it exactly when she was supposed to. I told her Aunt that her size in Carter's was like an expiration date. At 12 months to the day, she outgrew that size. Now she's not even quite 17 months old.

Maybe I'll just keep her in a baby mu-mu. And baby legs. There is always her extensive collection of baby legs!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: Toddler between sizes. GAH!

• Options
    For those too-big pants waists, you can sew a couple of pieces of elastic into the waistband of the pants. ?My aunt used to do that with her boys' clothes. ?She'd actually cut two vertical slits into the inside of the waistband, thread the elastic through, then zigzag stitch it to secure it. ?When the pants start to fit (if they ever do!), you can just snip that piece of elastic and they're back to their original waist size. ?I suppose for pants that are already gathered in the back, you could do a short piece of elastic on either side of the waist.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

I feel your pain. My dd is like 95% for height and 50 for weight so....we just claim everything is capris and call it a day :)

We also switched out of footed jammies pretty quickly

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Her 24 M jeans from TCP actually have that (just not in 18M) - but I had not thought of adding it to the other cotton pants she has. Good idea! I think I could also let OUT some of the elastic in her other pants. I do know how to sew and all!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"