July 2013 Moms
Options

ONE MORE UPDATE: Fuck Fuck FUCK

gutsymamagutsymama member
edited November 2013 in July 2013 Moms
We came home last night, and Luke was kind to us and slept for 12.5 hours! So we're all feeling much better today.

The NP who works with our surgeon came to talk with us before we left; she thinks Luke looks great, is very happy with his growth and gain (we'd been a little concerned), and is very impressed that he's progressing so quickly, so they're all hoping he can shed the IV sooner than expected (but not for awhile yet). And she's having us start cereal this weekend! In hopes that it will help thicken up his poo and maybe slow it down just a little - we're very happy that he's pooping, but 10x in one day is a little out of hand! His poor butt....

Hoping and praying that we don't have to do this again.

-------------------------------

Out of the OR; woke up, took an oz of milk (which is a minor miracle in itself, that we can even do that now!), snuggling with Dad. Should be headed home before long. Thanks so much for the T&P.

For curious nurses: They are discontinuing lipids and increasing the amount of his heparin flushes. But neither of those things were out of the ordinary, and they're really not sure why this happened at all, let alone twice.

--------------------------------

Update: Back in for fluids overnight; OR in the morning.

--------------------------------

Broviac is clotted again. Back to the hospital & doctor for a chest X-ray to check placement (perfect) and to try to get it unclogged - made a tiny bit of progress so we're working on it at home and hopefully will avoid ANOTHER trip to the OR - but that's the next step if this doesn't work (and it didn't work last week).

If we have to go back, I think I quit. I will just quit everything except snuggling with my baby.

To top it off, I got a second jury duty summons in the mail, so I'm now supposed to report in November *and* December. Obviously that's a mistake, but I don't have the patience to deal with it right now. And Luke picked today to start having carseat meltdowns.

I take back what I said on WTFW. What the everloving Fuck.
FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.

Re: ONE MORE UPDATE: Fuck Fuck FUCK

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"