July 2013 Moms
Options

if money were of no concern...

What would you be purchasing for xmas this year?

I would take my whole family on the vacation Dh and I took last year, but stretch it out over 2 weeks instead of 8 days like we did. .. We flew into San Francisco, spent 3 days, took 2 days driving up the Pacific Coast Highway, ending in Portland for 3 days. Most beautiful vacation ever.

I'd also hire a maid lol

Re: if money were of no concern...

• Options
    Hmmm I would buy a pony to work with and ready for Noah (surprise surprise) or maybe take our entire family including grandparents on a nice vacation somewhere. My mom could really use getting away. Or maybe I would essentially pay my parents so that she wouldn't need to work anymore. Or I would buy DH the vehicle he's been wanting.
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    New car all the way! DH and I both have old sedans... (2001 Nissan Altima and 2002 Mitsubishi Galant) we need a swagger wagon. ;)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    New cars for both of us!
  • Options
    A house. New construction in a really nice neighborhood with LOTS of storage and natural light. Also a car for DH. His is awful.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    All new furniture

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    sparkymcgeeesparkymcgeee member
    edited November 2013
    EVA116 said:
    All new furniture

I have a hook up. ;) DH gets a discount. If you hit the lottery let me know. I'll get you some deals.

ETA: Even if you are a Cubs fan.

:D

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Pregnancy tickers

I lost my angels 07/2010, 04/2017, 10/2017

Meimsx no more
  • Options
    I would be buying the beautiful pellet stove I want that we agreed to wait until next winter for. I'd also get a new computer and a king size bed. This queen just ain't cuttin it anymore!

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    What would you be purchasing for xmas this year? I would take my whole family on the vacation Dh and I took last year, but stretch it out over 2 weeks instead of 8 days like we did. .. We flew into San Francisco, spent 3 days, took 2 days driving up the Pacific Coast Highway, ending in Portland for 3 days. Most beautiful vacation ever. I'd also hire a maid lol
    This doesn't answer your question whatsoever. But we did a similar trip in reverse a couple years ago. Left from Portland down I-5, took the Pacific Highway once we crossed into California and ended up in Sonoma. If we would've had a bit more time we would've taken the Pacific Highway all the way. It was a beautiful drive.
    imageView Full Size Image

• Options
    Build a house on 5 acres, view of mountains. Is that too much for Xmas? I'd do Disney, but I LO is too young this year.
  • Options
    New cars for both of us. And a dishwasher

imageimage            

• Options
    I would buy a home gym and start nutrasystem
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BkuhmanBkuhman member
    edited November 2013
    A Kia sorento and tablet for me, bike for DD, truck and ps4 for DH and a new house for all of us to live in. I have no clue what I would get DS. :/ all new furniture to put in that house and a big clubhouse in my back yard for the kids. Go shopping for clothes and more with the kids and DH. I would also get DH a huge rolling tool box filled with tools. And myself a new sewing machine.
  • Options
    New wallpaper for all the main floor rooms before our Christmas party. The previous owner had some odd choices.

I'd say paint the exterior, but that would never work in the rain. The estimate we got for the exterior was crazy, we're saving up to hopefully do it next summer.
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    A house. I watch so much HGTV that I have my dream house picked out. But with H in the military we won't be buying anytime soon. :((

• Options
    A van for myself, finish the basement (I am getting a huge built in bookshelf yay!) And set up mh shop in the outbuilding to his dream workshop.
    Oh and trip to HP world and disney.
  • Options
    casey78 said:
    The makeover package: personal trainer, sitter for LO during personal training and massage sessions, personal chef, and money for three rounds of clothes that looked decent (current, halfway, done). And, because money is no concern, I would not feel bad getting rid of the clothes when they no longer fit.
    can I steal your idea? :) although I would also add a puppy, because I've always wanted one and that will not be happening any time soon IRL
    The original: Aug2013
    The remix: Feb2017
    The encore: coming Oct2019

• Options
    New house. Our house is fine, but I feel crowded. I bought it for me and added DH, two medium dogs, and Oliver. Can't breathe. :-S
  • Options
    Gut renovation on my house... This whole '80's vibe is killing me!
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    A new house and an awesome vacation. And a maid to go inside the new house.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Vacation to Hawaii (at least two weeks) with my whole family--mom, younger brother and his GF, and older brother and his family, DH and our boys--so everyone could see where my dad was stationed when he was in the Navy. New cars for DH and me, twice weekly hair blowouts for myself. Maybe a super cool Power Wheels for DS1, and not sure what for DS2!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    A long overdue honeymoon or a trip with friends to a ski resort.

Realistically I wish dh and I could afford to buy each other Christmas presents this year. It looks like Santa is putting crisp 20 dollar bills in our stockings again this year. Woohoo.
  • Options
    A new house and a cleaning service.
  • Options
    Affordable insurance.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think I'd probably like to purchase @livvykh or @liz4444 closet.
  • Options
    Since we're just talking Christmas presents, I think I'd limit it to: (hah! imit?!) A new truck for DH and an SUV for me, a big house on at least 100 acres with a killer barn and indoor ring. Meh 5 or 6 horses, about a $500k-$600k worth in other words. And all the cute clothes and toys I could find for DS(:
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    dliz87dliz87 member
    edited November 2013
    elyse05 said:

Build a house on 5 acres, view of mountains. Is that too much for Xmas? I'd do Disney, but I LO is too young this year.

Never too young for Disney! Just because LO won't remember doesn't mean he or she won't love the music, lights and excitement. Plus you will have the memories with LO and you will remember the trip.
  • Options
    I'd hire a designer to deck out our house and put some non-neutral paint on the walls. I watched way too much HGTV when I was on maternity leave and dream of renovations!
  • Options
    I would buy a home gym and start nutrasystem

Have you ever tried nutrisystem ? Food is so gross.. That's how you lose weight on the program bc you'll starve not eating lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"