Baby Showers

Funny prank

I'm putting my friend's baby shower gift in this box:

https://www.amazon.com/Prank-Pack-Crib-Dribbler/dp/B00A26VGPA/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I can't wait :) my friends think I'm so completely clueless about babies and kids.  They'll probably believe that I'd think this is a legit thing to do to avoid night feedings.  Of course, she'll open the box to find beautiful clothes and the cutest little pair of pink shoes I could find.

Re: Funny prank

• I mean, I think it's funny-- but I would definitly make sure you know your audience.

Like, her older relatives might have half a heart attack at that.  Mine would.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Oh, it's just a small shower with friends.  No older relatives.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's amusing, but know your audience.  
  • Oh, it's just a small shower with friends.  No older relatives.
    As long as you don't think you will offend/ upset the MTB in anyway, I think it's fine to liven things up a bit.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Lol. That is hilarious!

• RibbitGrl930RibbitGrl930 member
    edited November 2013
    That is hilarious... But I read some comments on it and I'm sad that there were at least four people who bought it, thinking it was the actual thing... Lol. Smh!!

That's their own fault for either not knowing how to read or for not knowing what "prank" means, as it CLEARLY states in the description that this is a gag item. I swear...the idiocy of the human race never ceases to amaze me.

Lol: "I am deeply offended that this product can be sold. How can this be legal to treat a baby like this. The America family is already bad at not spending enough time with their kids. They plant them in front of the TV for hours at a time and now with this product they will not feed their baby but once a day. Amazon you should be ashamed."

People like this are the reason we have warning labels on curling irons that say, "may burn eyes."

• I'm forcing my partner to promise not to laugh when she opens it.  I want my friend to think it's serious for at least 5 seconds - just enough time to register shock :) and I want our other smug mommy friends to be appalled, too.  They gave us all kinds of crap about starting to TTC and they were like "You can't even change a diaper!"

Yeah?  Well, they can't change my paralyzed dog's diaper, either, but I can change him out and clean his smeared poop off the wall in less than 5 minutes.  Yes, my dog backs his ass up against the wall and drops a deuce.  He's also had diarrhea blowouts in the back of the car during road trips (we can't board him because no one's willing to care for him).  Kid poop doesn't scare me in the slightest.

• I'm going to a baby shower tomorrow... I really wish I had known this existed a few days ago. Hilarious!
  • that's hilarious!  I might have to buy it just to freak out my mom and mother in law!
  • Texasmomma13Texasmomma13 member
    edited November 2013
    Holy shit! My bestie is due in March and I now have to have this for her shower. Thanks for sharing. I had no idea such awesomeness existed. =D>

Edited cause complete sentences are hard tonight, apparently.
       image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    photo s622_zps5a9557e5.jpg photo 7ed57166-3187-446e-8404-f2ef169fe40f_zps238c4d05.jpg photo s620_zps504f3ce2.jpg
  • "Stew/cocoa." Lolz

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"