Military Families

IVF Wait List: Ft. Bragg, NC

Any wives know anything about the wait list at Ft. Bragg. DH and I are on our last round of Follistim injections and will be forced to move on to IVF if this cycle fails. After three years of failed fertility treatments, we want to get as much info as we can to get on the wait list for IVF at Bragg and speed the process up a bit if possible. We are currently stationed at Ft. Stewart, GA but when DH makes CPT in less than a year, we'll be moving most likely to Bragg. Does anyone know if it's possible to be put on the wait list at Bragg while still stationed at Stewart? And does anyone know what the wait time is like on said wait list? TIA! 
BabyFruit Ticker

PCOS--TTC since 11/2010:   
5 cycles of Clomid: all BFN, 1 cycle of Follistim:CP
1 year break thanks to deployment.
1 cycle Follistim: BFN, Lap to remove peritubal cyst May 2013
2 cycles Follistim + trigger: BFN, Gonal F +IUI April 2014: BFP!!!!!! 

Boy/Girl Twins due Jan 5, 2015!!! 

Re: IVF Wait List: Ft. Bragg, NC

• I did 2 IVF cycles and 3 FET cycles at Ft. Bragg between April 2012 and August 2013 (we were stationed at Bragg). When we were cycling with the RE there, they were only doing 3 IVF cycles each year (January/February, April/May, and July/August). Even though we're not stationed there anymore or are undergoing treatment anymore, I occasionally keep in contact with my nurse. She mentioned that they were adding another IVF cycle into the rotation due to the fact that another RE recently came on staff. I'm not positive if you have to be on Prime to undergo an IVF cycle at an MTF. When we considered moving onto IVF back in January 2012, we were placed on the wait list for the April/May cycle. We did all of our additional testing that was required while we waited. 

Check out this website for some more information - 

TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • They used to do cycles every other month at Womack when I was cycling there in 2010/2011 and there was never a wait list.  My husband is Navy and we were never stationed at Ft. Bragg and we did all our IVF cycles there.  Of course you have to take the time off and travel for the cycle but their IVF program isn't limited to people who are only stationed there.  We had cycle buddies from Georgia, Camp Lejeune, etc
    Christa
    Adopted a baby girl in January 2013 via domestic infant adoption
    "One and Done!"  Now we spend our time traveling the world as a family

My Blog: Travel Fearlessly
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"