3rd Trimester
Options

Long drive, adult diapers needed???

In a few weeks I have to go to Pennsylvania for job training, I live in Maryland.  I've mapquested the trip and it's approximately 4 - 4 1/2 hours.  At that time I will be 8 months pregnant and I'm afraid it will be like it is now, or worse, having to potty every hour - if not multiple times every hour! Has anyone every taken a long trip like this and if so, what did you do to so that you didn't inconvenience people or prevent yourself from having to go??  Ok, I'll say it, wear a diaper??? LOL

Re: Long drive, adult diapers needed???

• Options
    You should probably stop every 2 hours to stretch your body and walk around.. To prevent blood clots.. When I went to Florida from virginia I stopped every 2-3 hours but I had to pee so bad anyways haha
  • Options
    I can't imagine anyone would balk at stopping so that a pregnant lady could pee.  Don't worry about the diapers, just ask to stop as needed, and if you feel that badly about inconveniencing your fellow travelers, bring a snack or treat them to coffee as a thank you.  (In fact, if you treat them to coffee and donuts, everyone else will need to stop too!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should probably stop every 2 hours to stretch your body and walk around.. To prevent blood clots.. When I went to Florida from virginia I stopped every 2-3 hours but I had to pee so bad anyways haha
    Agreed.
    I agree with this.  Plus, I found that sometimes sitting in the car I pee less than when walking around.  Hopefully it won't be too bad.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I will be traveling with 2 ladies, the coffee and donut idea is great!  Thansk!  You all are right, who can be mad at a pregnant woman :).  Maybe I could eat a heavy bread like breakfast and light fluids so it will soak up in my tummy?  I am so not looking forward to it. I would drive myself but heading into a mountain in December at 8 mo pregnant alone soesn't sound safe to me, lol.
  • Options
    magoo1331 said:
    I will be traveling with 2 ladies, the coffee and donut idea is great!  Thansk!  You all are right, who can be mad at a pregnant woman :).  Maybe I could eat a heavy bread like breakfast and light fluids so it will soak up in my tummy?  I am so not looking forward to it. I would drive myself but heading into a mountain in December at 8 mo pregnant alone soesn't sound safe to me, lol.
    And this is why you need to check with your OB first.
    I agree.  I am asking mine next week if I can go out of town at 36 weeks.  She will probably say no but at least I asked.  Def don't go without asking.
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    When my son fills a diaper you can tell, even if it is just urine. I would be very embarrassed to sit in a car with 2 other adults and have them smell my urine. I would also be pissed if an adult wore a diaper and made my car smell like urine. 

chaseandchristian again

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wear a diaper? Really? No.

I just got back from a 4h trip yesterday and while I didn't have to stop to pee so much, I had to stop to stretch my body out and get moving a little. Otherwise I would start to get sore. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    You should be more worried about getting out to walk around and prevent blood clots in your legs than inconveniencing the people you're with. Stop every hour to pee and stretch your legs and get your blood flowing.

BFP 6.25.13 ~ EDD 3.7.14
  • Options
    Erm, diaper..really??? No way!! I would just stop and not even think about it, lol. That's IF your doc ok's the trip.
  • Options
    A. Do as others said and ask your OB.
    B. You are a grown woman; that would be absurd to wear a diaper b/c you don't want to stop.
    C. Don't cut back on fluids. You NEED to stay hydrated especially if you are traveling into the mts.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies.. I know it is a bit extreme to think of an adult diaper lol.  I have an appt on Monday and will definately ask my doctor. 
  • Options
    In addition to your doctor, check with your insurance. Some will not cover labor & delivery costs if you are far away from home after a certain point.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"