Detroit Babies

Troy Beaumont

Hi, I am switching to Troy Beaumont to deliver this one (delivered my daughter at RO Beaumont) and was wondering if anyone has delivered there in the past couple years?  I searched the boards and all the information on the topic seems to be older.  I did not enjoy my experience at RO at all.  The rooms were small and felt very much like a hospital room.  The worst part was that the nurses did not allow me to move around because they "didn't want to clean up the mess" after my water broke.  I am just looking for anyone's personal experience.  Thanks

Re: Troy Beaumont

• I don't have any personal experiences, but my two nieces and nephew were all born at Troy Beaumont. As a visitor it is nice. It seemed like the mother-baby room was large, there were 4 of us visiting at once and we had room to move.
    Wedding 08/08/08

BFP #1 12/29/10 EDD 08/29/11 Blighted Ovum 02/09/11 D&C 02/11/11

Clomid 50mg BFP #2 09/21/11 EDD 05/29/11 Chemical Pregnancy 10/4/11

BFP #3 4/19/13 Beta1- 106 Beta2- 524 Beta3- 3500 EDD 12/22/13 LO born 12/31/13

• The rooms are beautiful at Troy Beaumont and the staff is SO nice. That is where we had our first baby. The rooms were big and it was really an all around good experience for us.
  • Loading the player...
  • I loved it there. The room was big and bright. The staff is decent. The food was good too ;)
  • You definitely made the right choice. I am pregnant with my third and delivered both my others at Troy. I was high risk with both (preeclampsia) and spent a LOT of time in their rooms during pregnancy, labor, and after delivery, including NICU with both babies. The rooms are huge and so clean and well kept. The maternity section nurses at Troy Beaumont are some of the greatest people I have ever met in my life. You will not be disappointed at all!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I delivered at both Troy and Royal Oak.  My DH and I both agreed that our experience at Troy was 10x better than at Royal Oak.  My biggest problem with RO was the number of people coming in and out of the room.  It seemed like a constant stream of doctors, nurses, and residents.  Troy was peaceful in comparison.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lauren.andrealauren.andrea member
    edited March 2014
    Hi, I was just wondering how your experience was. I'm looking to deliver at Troy beaumont and I'm interested in the same things you seem to be: being able to walk around during labor, possibly eat or drink, and generally avoid pit or induction unless necessary. I can't find anything more current than this post, so I was wondering how it turned out!
  • I will be delivering at Troy. Reading all of this made me feel a lot better. This is my first.
  • I am a Beaumont nurse, and I did my rotation at Troy for labor and delivery. Troy does have the largest mother/baby rooms out of all 3 Beaumont's, and I enjoyed their staff the most. You won't be disappointed. I had my daughter a few years ago at St. John Main and I was thoroughly unimpressed. But for the poster who wants to "eat and drink" during the process, you're not going to find that anywhere. It's a safety factor. Once you are laboring, nothing other than OCCASIONAL ice chips. They want your stomach empty in case of an emergent c-section. You could aspirate food and liquid in your lungs if you have anything 6-8hrs before surgery.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"