Georgia Babies
Options

Seeing a group (The Women's Group of Gwinnett) vs. one Doctor

katedhkatedh member
edited November 2013 in Georgia Babies
I'm 18 weeks pregnant  and I currently go to  The Women's Group of Gwinnett  and plan on delivering at Emory Eastside (it is so close to me). I have had good experiences except I feel as though they do not give me enough information.....maybe I just need to ask more questions.

My brother and his wife just had a baby in FL and he thinks I would be more comfortable seeing one Doctor vs a group.... he just couldn't get his mind around seeing 5 different doctors and not knowing which one would deliver the baby.
So now I am second guessing myself and wondering if I should do more research on other doctors..... if I should make the drive from Lawrenceville to Northside??? ugh I don't know what to do.

Re: Seeing a group (The Women's Group of Gwinnett) vs. one Doctor

• Options
    If you have had good experiences and it's simply that your brother can't "wrap his head around" you seeing more than 1 doctor, then I wouldn't change.  I'm not sure my brother's opinion would change mine, but he and his wife are planning a homebirth in the bathtub, so there's that.  

The practice I go to has midwives and doctors, so I will probably see a mix of them before everything is all said and done.  I found that there was one I connected best with, so I tried to make as many appointments with her as possible last time, and she was ultimately on call when I want into labor, so it really wasn't a problem.  You need to go with what makes you most comfortable.  If you don't feel like you get enough info, then ask.  I know that  was a problem I had, but it was usually because I would forget to write down my questions and then when the time came I blanked.
  • Options
    @katedh I am also a patient at Women's Group. Dr. Huynh delivered my DS and I absolutely loved her. She has an awesome bedside manner(I broke down in her office at 2 weeks PP) and she's very sweet and understanding. She seems to answer your questions and little better than the rest of the doctors. That's the one drawback of that practice. I didn't really care for the other doctors. Huynh ended up delivering DS via C section and did a wonderful job.

I personally wouldn't switch to seeing just one doctor. The point of a large practice of doctors is so that someone is always on call to deliver. If you're seeing just one specific doctor and he/she goes out of town or is unavailable to deliver you, then what?
    I would stick with Women's Group or find a smaller practice.

Also, what helped me last time around was writing down any questions I had prior to my appointment. That way I could ask the doc and write down what she said. That's a big help! Good luck with your pregnancy! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I saw just one dr with both my pregnancies and I really loved the personal aspect of it.  I'm pretty picky about my dr and I don't like groups.  So if you are thinking about it there is one here in lawrenceville and he delivers at gwinnett medical, his name is dr. pohl.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"