Blended Families

NYE party ideas

DH and I are throwing an impromptu NYE party with a few of our friends.  We'll probably have 4 or 5 guests. 

We are in our 40's and some are in their 50's but we are a lively, partying type of group.  Drinking will be a happenin' and we have two sofas, and two empty beds for those that are not able to drive home. I'm providing plenty of substantial food and collecting everyone's keys and staying reasonably sober to keep people safe. 

Besides cards, what other fun ideas and games can we play to keep everyone entertained?  No drinking games please. 

Re: NYE party ideas

• Trivial pursuit, if you have it Scene it can be fun sometimes, charades when drunk is ALWAYS a good time lol
  • I love Phase 10.  However, the more people you have, the longer the game.

file:///Users/Ilumine/Desktop/Family%20Portrait%20for%20gift.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Ooooh . . . sounds like so much fun.  I personally love Taboo for board games when dealing with adults.  Karaoke is never a bad idea and if you were a geek like me, Wii Sports!

I also have a dorky game where everyone present writes their name on a small piece of paper.  Everyone places the paper in a hat.  Then you draw a name and you have to act like the person's name that you drew . . . but not right away.  Give them 30 mins. or an hour, and then the performances begin.  This gives people time to observe everyones behaviour and so they interact more.  Everyone votes to see who the "character" is and then votes to see who gave the best performance.  (This is really funny with work bubbies) 

I would go to a $1 store and get funny or tacky prizes for extra fun.  Also, anytime that adults can act like kids -- it is sooo fun.  So don't rule out musical chairs, pinning the tail on the donkey, and quircky stuff like that.

Happy New Year!Party!!!

• We have "game night" at our house a lot.  Cranium is a lot of fun!!! So is Catch Phrase :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have a dice game we bring everywhere, it is so much fun. The dice have an L, C, R & a dot. We play it with 3 quarters. You roll the 3 dice, if you get a L or R then pass that many quarters to the Left or Right, C is for the center pot and a dot means you are safe & get to keep your money. It really is a fun game, you can buy it at most party stores. We got our at Games by James, but I have seen it elsewhere too. It cost $7.99.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I love any type of charades games. I think they are hilarious!

Left, Right, Center, is super fun too. (L,R,C, mentioned above)

• My fav game is Mad Gab. ?You say a series of words while the other person has to guess what the phrase really is. ?Quite fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"