Birthday Parties
Options

Best Time of Day for 1st Birthday Party?

What is generally the best time of the day to have a child's first birthday party?  Our daughter isn't on a set sleep schedule and pretty much naps whenever she wants.  I was thinking around 1 pm because it's close enough to lunch time that I can serve guests a light lunch and not so late in the day that our daughter might be overly tired if she misses a nap.  We don't plan on having other babies at the party (we don't have many friends!) but we are inviting a couple of preschoolers and the rest will be adults. 
Christa
Adopted a baby girl in January 2013 via domestic infant adoption
"One and Done!"  Now we spend our time traveling the world as a family

My Blog: Travel Fearlessly

Re: Best Time of Day for 1st Birthday Party?

• Options
    I don't there is a universal best time for a birthday party.  It really depends on your schedule and child's demeanor.

If she naps "whenever" and is generally in a good mood in the afternoons, and you want to serve lunch, than 1pm is fine.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Yeah, 1 is fine. But I wouldn't plan on making the lunch too light, because if people are going to wait until 1 to eat, they will probably be pretty hungry by then. If you want to get away with serving light fare, I'd try 2:00.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I did 2 and considered that too late for lunch, and served desserts and light snacks.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • Options
    If the preschoolers invited still nap, 1pm is prime nap time.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD"s was at noon.  I was joking with her daycare that they were not allowed to start transitioning her from two to one nap per day because it was going to interfere with her bday party.  Actually I was serious, I didn't want them messing with her nap schedule unnecessarily.  Just make sure LO take a long as possible nap in the morning so try to get her to stay up through most of the afternoon.  Then hope for the best.!
  • Options
    We had DD's party around 2 or 3pm and it turned out fine. :)
  • Options
    I think depending on the guests, choose the most convenient for the parents. Babies have no fixed sleeping schedule. They are the luckiest creatures. Wake up when they want, sleep as they wish:)
  • Options
    We had dd's 1st b-day party from 9:30 to noon.  We served brunch food. It worked out really well since most of the kids we invited were a bit older and were on a 12:30-2:30 nap schedule.
  • Options
    reb84reb84 member
    We planned a 4pm party....and then DD went down late and slept through the first hour.  People stuck around (or were late anyways) and DD was well rested for her playtime. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    even though your kiddo is not on much of a consistent nap schedule, think of other children who may be. typically 12-3 is prime naptime. if we get invited to birthday parties and it interferes with naps, we skip it. no need to have my child crying and overtired causing a scene at someone else's party. if it is family, i make exceptions. we have our DS parties at 3:30/4:00

Lilypie Maternity tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"