June 2013 Moms
Options

If you haven't had a flu shot yet...

When they ask you which arm you want it in, actually think about how you carry LO. I told the nurse I was right handed so she put it in my left arm. Well, wouldn't ya know that apparently I use that arm to hold LO 99% of the time and had never really thought about it. Now I have a squirmy 19 lb baby trying to be contained by a sore arm and it's killing me! Hopefully maybe someone will benefit from my ftm mistake. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: If you haven't had a flu shot yet...

• Options
    Thank you so much!  I would have done the same thing and I go to get my shot this weekend.  Appreciate the tip!
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    Never would have thought about it! Thanks!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    good to know, getting mine tomorrow!

• Options
    Ha - I made the same comment to the nurse who gave me mine.  She asked if I was a righty or lefty and I said righty but I still want it in my right arm because it's a lot easier to write with a sore arm than it is to haul a car seat/baby with one :)
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

I always get it in my dominant arm because I had a nurse tell me once that that's the better choice because you're more likely to keep using your arm, therefore avoiding some soreness that comes with not using your arm as much. I got mine in my right arm, and I'm right handed, and it still hurt!! Luckily though, it wasn't the arm I carry M in!

This is what I was told as well - they've now nixed the recommendation to rub the injection site, so they want to sure to put it in an arm that gets used a lot to help move things along. So OP - I'm the long run it's probably for the best!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    DS born 6/2013
  • Options

::note to self::  :)

Lilypie - (tyeV)

Lilypie - (AarQ)

• Options
    Ah! Thanks...would have never thought about that. Getting ours tomorrow!
  • Options
    I made that mistake yesterday...so now my left arms hurts and my legs are sore from doing squats and I'm stuck in a knee brace until who knows when lol
    image imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"