1st Trimester
Options

Can you share your chemical pregnancy story

I am so scared I might be going through this and want to know what it's like.

Re: Can you share your chemical pregnancy story

• Options
    For me, I found out I was pregnant on a Monday but the line on the test was very very faint. I did the digital test and it said "pregnant," so I went with it. On Tuesday, I expected the line to get darker when I took another test, but it was still faint. That night, I had some brown spotting. Then early that morning, I had bad period cramps and started to bleed (like a period). I worked at a lab at the time, so they ran some bloodwork and my HCG level came back positive but very low (like 10 or something). So they confirmed that I was pregnant but was just having a very early miscarriage.

Don't panic. I should have known something was wrong. What are your symptoms?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Well Monday 10/28 I took a test and both lines were dark pink later that day i bled but just when i wiped with no cramping. Then I took a digital test the next day and it said pregnant. Saturday of that same week I took another test and it was a light pink line then today I took another test and it was light again. I have no bleeding just feel very tired. I am going crazy because they are light, they aren't getting lighter or darker though.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    spacepotatoesspacepotatoes member
    edited November 2013
    What is making you think you are going through a chemical pregnancy?

I had one back in early June. I was charting my bbt and with the exception of one day, my temps looked like they did every other cycle. I felt my usual PMS symptoms, except maybe more fatigue and heartburn than normal. I fully expected my period to show up, especially when my temp dropped like it always does on 12 dpo.

At 13 dpo, my temp went back up slightly and that's what prompted me to test. It was faint but positive on an internet cheapie. I dipped an FRER later and it was also faint but positive. A digital the next day took the full time limit but also came up positive. Other than heartburn, I really didn't feel anything unusual. I still had mild cramping like my period was coming. In retrospect, the fact that the tests were so faint at 13 and 14 dpo should have tipped me off.

All of that was over a weekend. On the Monday, my symptoms pretty much went away but by Monday night, the cramps became more persistent and painful. Tuesday morning, my temp had dropped and I was bleeding. That was it.

I hope you have a happier ending. Good luck!
  • Options
    Well Monday 10/28 I took a test and both lines were dark pink later that day i bled but just when i wiped with no cramping. Then I took a digital test the next day and it said pregnant. Saturday of that same week I took another test and it was a light pink line then today I took another test and it was light again. I have no bleeding just feel very tired. I am going crazy because they are light, they aren't getting lighter or darker though.
    Occasional spotting is common and usually not a problem, especially if you're not having any cramping.

With the tests, are you using first morning urine each time? If not, that could be why the lines are lighter. I know it's hard but try not to read too much into it. If you are really concerned about the bleeding, call your doctor.
  • Options
    Thank you ladies!!! I really appreciate it!! I guess what scares me is the color change of the pregnancy test :( the bleeding was only one day so I am not too concerned. I am just loosing my mind!!! My doctor won't see me til 8 weeks!
  • Options
    I was only 19 when I had one so the memory is a little foggy. At the time, I thought it was a full-on miscarriage but being a stupid teenager, I never saw a doctor about it. Boyfriend and I broke up, took a test when I was a few days late, got a faint but definite positive. Spent about a week barricaded in my room losing my mind, then had what seemed like a normal period. Went on with my life.
  • Options
    I had one in April. I got a squinter on the Wondfo, a faint but clear line on the FRER, got really excited, took a 2nd FRER 2-3 days later and noticed the line wasn't any darker, lost all symptoms a few hours later, and started bleeding that night. It was basically a heavy period. Hope things turn out differently for you!

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"