High-Risk Pregnancy

Saying hello

I thought I would say a hello, I've been lurking over here and haven't officially said hi. This is my second high risk pregnancy, #4 pregnancy total. My ds is turning 11 on Thursday and my first dd is 8 (from a previous marriage) their pregnancies were good, my ds was 9 lbs 15 oz three days past due, dd was two weeks early with jaundice 7 lbs 11 oz. I had to be on a modified bed rest with her due to early contractions. I found out we were having twins when I was around 8 weeks pregnant with my third pregnancy. We lost the twin when I was 12 weeks, since we lost the twin my dr opted for a nt scan at 13 weeks. At that appointment they diagnosed my daughter with an omphalocele. We did all the testing that was available at the time, it turned out that her anomaly was just a fluke birth defect. We had tons of testing and monitoring with her, we met with surgeons and everyone told us everything would be okay that she would only have to endure surgeries after she was delivered. At our 38 week appointment we failed the nst and were sent to or for a c-section (only a csection because of her omphalocele). Unfortunately between the 10 mins it took to get us hooked up from the dr office to the monitor her heart stopped beating. She was born sleeping on 4-10-13 she only weighed 4 lbs 15 oz. They told me from her autopsy report that she went into congestive heart failure from her omphalocele, she had clotting all over the placenta and the placenta showed signs of infection. I am currently 21 weeks pregnant with a boy and I pray to God that he is our rainbow. We have had maternity 21 testing done which was all negative, my dr does an ultrasound every visit to make sure there is no omphalocele and that his heart looks good. I have my a/s on Thursday to check on him with a very detailed view. They have me in the high risk because of her anomaly, her stillbirth and the miscarriage of the twin, also I was just diagnosed with gd. I'm hoping for a bed rest free pregnancy, unfortunately I have already started cramping that goes to my lower back and isn't relieved by anything (had this with both dd and ended up on br with both). Sorry it is such a long post, I just wish I wasn't high risk and could be worry free and naive like most pregnant women out there! I wish I would have known about these boards when I was pregnant with Arianna!

Julius Justin - 11/07/2002 - 10 lbs 22 in 
Isabella Genavieve - 02/03/05 - 7 lbs 11 oz 22 in 
Arianna Kaitlynn - 04/10/2013 - 4 lbs 15 oz 15 in

BFP 08/10/13 
TWINS!!!! 09/01/13
Miscarriage at 12 weeks lost baby B 
Arianna diagnosed with an Ompalocele at 13 weeks
Arianna our Angel on 04/10/13 
BFP 07/20/13
Our Rainbow due 03/18/14 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimageimage

Re: Saying hello

• Welcome! It sounds like you have been through lot! Hopefully the rest of your pg is smooth sailing!
    High risk momma: Diagnosed with a partially abrupted placenta at 32 weeks and sentenced to strict bed rest for the remainder. Pregnancy Ticker} {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 \strokec2 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}
  • Hi there, sorry you had to introduce yourself, but welcome!  I hope that your current pregnancy goes well and you are able to have a happy healthy boy at the end of it.  Looks like are in good hands and being monitored well.  This is a great support board and if you have to go on bed rest, the daily check ins are also very supportive.  Best of luck!
  • Loading the player...
  • Hello! I'm also very new on here...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet baby girl. I really hope the rest of this pregnancy turns into the positive experience that you deserve. HUGS
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"