North Carolina Babies

size friendly obgyn Raleigh/Cary area

I had an appointment with my doctor last week to talk about why we haven't got pregnant yet. She has always been somewhat rude, but I left that appointment so frustrated. I have lost about 60 pounds this past 8 months and I'm still 229 lbs. I'm still working at it and am generally healthy. She told me I still have a ways to go before she will help me get pregnant. Now my weight loss doctor feels I am completely healthy and have no reason to not be able to get pregnant if I maintain my exercise and diet routine. Even with losing weight my cycles are all over the place and she is certain I have probably have pcos. I just need a doctor that will help me get on track and note I'm healthy even if I am still overweight! I hope to continue to lose weight but want help in the mean time.

Any recommendations for a more compassionate size friendly obgyn?

Me(25) DH(28) 
 TTC#1 since 10/2011
June:  Clomid 50 mg  (No Ovulation)
July: Clomid 100 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
August: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN) 
September: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
October: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
November: Femara 10mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFP December 3, 2014)

Re: size friendly obgyn Raleigh/Cary area

• I don't have any recommendations unfortunately- just wanted to tell u how awesome your weight loss is and I hope you find the supportive awesome doctor you deserve! I was 230 when I got pregnant and have had a perfectly healthy pregnancy so far. So there doctors!
  • Thank you so much! A great doctor came recommended to me, and I have an appointment Friday! I'll update then with hopefully something to help me :)

Me(25) DH(28) 
     TTC#1 since 10/2011
    June:  Clomid 50 mg  (No Ovulation)
    July: Clomid 100 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    August: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN) 
    September: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    October: Clomid 150 mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFN)
    November: Femara 10mg + Ovidrel Trigger (BFP December 3, 2014)

• Loading the player...
  • I know this is an old post, but I am hoping you have found a great dr!  I do have PCOS and I started at 248 in January.  I have lost 31 pounds on weight watchers this year.  My RE has not said they wouldn't help me, but I do know the fertility meds will work better if I am under 200 pounds.  I have decided to stop seeking treatment until I drop more weight.  Regardless of your situation it is not ok for someone to be rude to you.  You should have PCOS testing done just to see if that is the case.  Good Luck!! 
    Ba hahahaha!

Me-30 DH-34
    2002- Diagnosed with PCOS at 18
    10/11-10/12 - tried to conceive naturally with Metformin, due to PCOS never had a cycle
    10/12-12/12 3 cycles of Clomid - fail
    6/13- 1st cycle on Clomid 50mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel- BFN
    7/13 2nd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 1st IUI - BFN
    8/13 3rd cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel 2nd IUI - BFN
    9/13 4th cycle on Clomid 50 mg, Metformin, Follistim, and Ovidrel - Benched with Cysts
    From 12/13 to current I have ovulated 4 times naturally
    Currently on break to get healthy.... 35 pounds down, 13 to go!
    All Are Welcome!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"