5% 6 votes
No vacuum or forceps, 4th degree tear
0% 1 vote
No tearing
12% 14 votes
SS
19% 22 votes

Re: S/O Type of Labor - Vaginal Deliveries

• I made this and then accidentally voted on the wrong one.  Doh.  I had a 3rd degree tear with no vacuum or forceps.  Not sure if I can change my vote somehow.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a vacuum and episiotomy.

• Loading the player...
  • My dr said that she wanted to do an episiotomy (well, not wanted, but was recommending it since he seemed to be stuck), she even had the scissors in her hand and I said that I needed to push again and out he came! She had to scramble to put down the scissors in order to catch him. We laughed later that I guess I just needed to be threatened and she should have done that earlier. I did have a 3rd degree tear.
  • I had no vacuum/forceps and an episiotomy (equivalent to 2nd degree tear per doctor).
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• I didnt have time for episiotomy because my little one (well, not so little) got stuck.  his head was out but his shoulders were stuck so it was either get him out asap or have some sort of emergency situation.  The doctor manually turned him sideways and then they vacuumed him out and it resulted in a third degree tear.  my lady bits still dont feel right 4 and half months pp. 

September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • I had vacuum and episiotomy.  I don't know to what degree though and I never asked about how many stitches.

Anniversary

• I actually am not sure of the degree of the tear but it wasn't down, it was labial and clitoral and they had to bring in a surgeon to stitch it as it was really bad. I went med free until the stitches and then took whatever they could give me. I still get queasy thinking about how badly the tearing hurt for me. Nothing like tearing mom's clitoris in half to make sure she doesn't think about wanting to fool around instead of nursing! Punk.

• 4th degree tear, episiotomy, vacuum and NO darn drugs! The epidural failed. It was a pleasant situation.
    www.thefamilyragan. blogspot.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • After 3 hours of pushing, my dr said she had to do the vacuum assist. It turned out DD was face up and a little sideways, which I had suspected earlier. I had a 3rd degree tear and the dr estimated 150+ stitches (some of which my body later rejected, ugh!) The repair work took well over an hour. Recovery was awful. I pray the next baby is face down!
  • 2nd degree tear, no vacuum or forceps.
  • No vacuum or forceps, third degree tear. Recovery sucked, but so glad I didn't have a fourth degree tear. The doctor said "almost fourth degree but not quite." She was teaching a med student while sewing me up and I got to hear all the gross details.

• No vacuum or forceps, 2nd degree tear
    Anniversary       

• No tears!!
    And @CCR630 hey my love!!
  • vacuum and 4th degree tear, it took so long to be stitched up, sex still hurts and sometimes I feel like I still have stiches.

• Vacuum with no idea on tears or stitches.
  • No vacuum/forceps, no idea on degree but i did tear and get stitches. 

image image

• No vacuum/forceps, 2nd degree tear.

• No vacuum or forceps with 2nd degree tear and I only pushed for maybe 20 minutes.  The way I felt afterwards made it feel like way worse.

Shark Attack!!

photo IMG_20130912_203149_226_zpsa547059c.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• No vaccuum, forceps or episiotomy here. My OBGYN was very against forceps and kind of against episiotomy. I'm happy neither were done or used even though I had a 3rd degree tear.

"No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside." -Unknown

imageimageimageimage

Anniversary

• I had to have a c section. I just wanted to give you all admiration and a creepy internet hug. I can't imagine the pain of some of these tears. I didn't want a c section but recovered very easily from it. Reading these posts actually made me cringe for you. We have some strong ladies out there!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"