June 2013 Moms

Running yay!

So, I really wanted to be one that ran through my pregnancy, but in the beginning I couldn't even make it a mile without stopping to throw up.. a few times. Then once that passed, I would end up with horrible braxton hicks. No running for me. I got cleared to run again the last week of July and the first time out was awful. It had been almost a year, and couldn't even make it a mile. I came home and cried. Stupid I know, but running keeps me sane and happy so starting over was pretty much devastating. Well, today I set out on a 5 miler. My first run that long post baby. I came home after 6.5 miles. It felt soo good and my husband is NOT a runner so he didn't share my enthusiasm. Lol. But, I know we have a few runners on here, so I needed to share my happy with someone who gets it. Yay!

Re: Running yay!

• You are awesome! Good job! A good run always makes my day!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Way to go!
    My Book Blog

my read shelf:
    Denise's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks! It wasn't a record setting time or anything, but no walk breaks, so still a win. And, I also don't have to push a jogger either! Lol.
  • Congrats! That is awesome! There are few things better than a really great run (my h wouldn't understand either).
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Amazing! I went for 4 and barely made it and I ran my enter pregnancy! I can relate to the husband thing- he would only run if there was a ball involved or someone chasing him! Seriously congrats to you, that is awesome!

On a running related tangent I am so, so happy I didn't get into the NYC marathon lottery this year bc there is no flipping way I could have been ready by today. But it was my third year entering so I had to at least try to get guaranteed entry for next year!

• Ps runner ladies- are y'all peeing yourself? I have to wear a freaking pad when I run now. Wasn't like that after ds1 and my c-section. So gross! :-S

• Nice job!
  • KellenHi21KellenHi21 member
    edited November 2013
    That's awesome! Most I've been able to do is 3!

• @cailkat80 I cannot imagine having to run a marathon right now. Truth be told, I'm not sure I can imagine running a marathon ever. I had just started training for a half when I got pregnant with Max, and I plan to sign up for the same one again in a couple weeks. But, it's not until March. So, I have time. A half seems challenging, but doable. A marathon seems like new levels of torture that I'm not sure I could survive, or would want to try. Lol. Plus, I have a bum knee that I'm pretty sure would not make it 26.2 miles. As far as the peeing, I had that problem after my second. I did Insanity after her, and all the jumping jacks were torture. And, running was about as fun. I carried her really really low the whole time. Maybe that was part of it. Because I haven't had that issue this time, and I never did my kegels. Ooops. Lol.
  • Look at you running half your half marathon already! You're going to kill it by March!
  • That is awesome!  I feel like im making a milk shake when i run :D
  • @tiffletons518 halfs are so doable! That and 10 milers are my favorite long distances. You will be killing it by march. Honestly I sometimes think I must have dreamed that I ran a full marathon because it just doesn't seem humanly possible that my messed up body ran one 7 years ago. My goal was to run one before and one after kids, hence my attempting NYC eventually. I don't think it will really happen though, but I keep entering the lottery!
    Hopefully peeing myself will stop soon. Better than crapping myself I guess. I'm not hardcore enough to crap myself and keep going, though I have seen it on other more than once. Gross.

• @calikat80 I'll probably just stick with half marathons. Just keep trying to PR at different races. There is one here that's a Wine Trail Half that I want to do. I've heard it's pretty hilly, but post race... you get wine. Umm, yes please. And, I also couldn't keep going through runners trots. I'm not that hardcore. Lol.

Have you ever seen this?
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/kevinmcshane/the-8-stages-of-running-a-marathon
  • That's so great!

Super jealous here!  Running keeps me sane too, which explains my total lack of sanity lately.  Running with my diastasis is not easy and after a mile my back starts hurting and my feet always hurt the next morning. Ugh.  I definitely need to work harder on the modified sit ups, which I now have hope for because of you, @tiffletons518.

I'm signed up for the Disney marathon in early January.  That should be interesting.  Definitely won't be a PR...may not even finish. 
  • @murphie82 I will say that running is SO much better now that my diastasis is all healed up. I was the same way, I just didn't have the core strength and running was miserable. And, the modified sit ups were pretty miserable too, but I'm glad I stuck with it! The Disney ones look so cool! But, that probably won't ever happen. Ha. I live in Michigan, so that would require a lot of money in travel alone. Keep at it, and even if it's not a great time, who cares? I say that being the girl who pretty much threw a fit when I missed a PR by 8 seconds. Lol. But, it's Disney! Just keep at the modified stuff, it does get better I promise!
  • @tiffletons518 I know what you mean about missing PRs.  I'm super slow when it comes to marathons (not my strength when it comes to distances), but I also try to do better than my previous time.  This one will be a disaster, but hey, at least I'm going out there.  My plan is to finish.

Just keep swimm...er, running!  Just keep running!

• @calikat80 I'll probably just stick with half marathons. Just keep trying to PR at different races. There is one here that's a Wine Trail Half that I want to do. I've heard it's pretty hilly, but post race... you get wine. Umm, yes please. And, I also couldn't keep going through runners trots. I'm not that hardcore. Lol.

Have you ever seen this?
    Ha! That is awesome- both the wine and video. Definitely been there through those stages, though my toenails fell off during training not during. I hit the wall at mile 22 AND realized I was going to need to use a bathroom or be a mess and I went into a porta potty and prayed I could stand back up and finish. I had images of the race being over and the stalls being carted off with me sitting on the pot, crying that my thighs wouldn't work. They did thank god! Seriously though it is the dumbest thing ever. SO bad on the body!

• calikat80 said:
    @calikat80 I'll probably just stick with half marathons. Just keep trying to PR at different races. There is one here that's a Wine Trail Half that I want to do. I've heard it's pretty hilly, but post race... you get wine. Umm, yes please. And, I also couldn't keep going through runners trots. I'm not that hardcore. Lol.

Have you ever seen this?
    Ha! That is awesome- both the wine and video. Definitely been there through those stages, though my toenails fell off during training not during. I hit the wall at mile 22 AND realized I was going to need to use a bathroom or be a mess and I went into a porta potty and prayed I could stand back up and finish. I had images of the race being over and the stalls being carted off with me sitting on the pot, crying that my thighs wouldn't work. They did thank god! Seriously though it is the dumbest thing ever. SO bad on the body!
    Hahaha. Ok, have you ever seen the episode of HIMYM where Barney runs the marathon for Marshall and then gets stuck on the subway because he can't stand up? That is what would happen to me. I give you huge props for even finishing. A full marathon straight up scares the bejezus out of me. Lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"