July 2013 Moms
Options

bummer-nbr

Dh and I put an offer on a cute little house yesterday. It had so much going for it. Great location, half acre of land all flat (big plus in Pittsburgh), school district we want. We offered asking price. They took another offer, not even a bidding war. I haz a sad. I've got to stop "putting the Christmas tree"in houses I like. I get too attached and sad when we don't get them.

Re: bummer-nbr

• Options
    That sucks, sorry :( Keep looking, you will find one that you like more!
  • Options
    oh man, I'm sorry!  I hope this means something even better is in your future!
    Mom to three girls and pregnant with #4!
    L: 7/12/13
    C: 5/11/15
    E: 3/7/17
    Due 11/10/18
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    That sucks :( I'm sorry. Hope you find something even better!
  • Options
    Yeah that does suck. I have a nasty little habit of falling in love with house too.

Baby girl #1 7/11/13

Baby girl #2 4/30/15

Baby Boy Due 2/16/19!

• Options
    Sorry...that does stink. The right one will come your way.

Bonus: 

• Options
    I'm sorry! I do the exact same thing. It's awful. FX you find a house you love! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Options
    Awwww. Bummer! Hint: I deal with sellers all the time and its amazing how sentimental some are- especially cat ppl. You can always try including a "love letter." these only work for owner occupied homes. I've seen cat ppl pick a lower offer simply because the buyers had a cat too. For real. It's super cheesy but you never know when it will work!
  • Options
    I'm sorry. I have that problem too, Christmas tree. We just found our perfect house in Idaho.. 4 bed 2 bath home but we are sure it'll be gone come the time we can get anything. I feel your sadness. I'm sure this just means that their is a better house out there for you. I know it's frustrating but it'll work out.
  • Options
    My dad always told me, "never fall in love with a house!"

That being said, I totally fell in love and had to have the house we are currently in! :)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry.  That happened to us several times.  We were so discouraged that we quit looking for awhile.  Then out of the blue we found a house that we both love more than the others.  Don't give up you will find another house that you love.
  • Options
    That sucks! Hopefully a better one will come along soon!
  • Options
    :( that's tough. Buying and selling a house is such an emotional process. I'm so curious what area you're looking.

Baby boy 7.10.13
  • Options
    Boo. Must mean it wasn't meant to be. Your house is still out there, waiting for you.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Boo. I'm sorry! We had a house pulled out from under us too - I had signed the papers, we had a verbal contract, and we're just waiting on DH to sign since he was at work and the jerks pulled out and gave it to somebody else. BUT, we ended up in a house that we like even better. Hopefully it will work out for you soon!
    FKA mimi4347: diaper rash magician and unofficial expert on excrement
    photo fdcd1f14-730b-4ea3-9fd5-37c8a5575512_zps6b3ccb11.jpgphoto a71807cf-a0c7-4c71-807b-bc4577b61b83_zps4eece2a6.jpg
    This kid may not have a lot of bowel, but he has plenty of guts! 
    DS born at 34 weeks with (surprise!) gastroschisis turned short bowel syndrome.
    131 days in the NICU, 7 trips to the OR, G-button, daily TPN....
    We are impatiently awaiting the day we can say goodbye to his girlfriend Ivy for good.
  • Options
    I am so sorry- I know the feeling. We put offers on two houses before the one we are in now. I was heartbroken after we didn't get the first one. Now I am so thankful because I LOVE our new home.

Home buying is sort of like dating. If it doesn't work out it is because something better is around the corner. :)
  • Options
    Sorry, it can be so emotional house hunting. GL finding something you love as much or more!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"