Multiples

I need weaning help! so sore : (

I packed up my pump about 7 days ago.  I weaned by gradually decreasing the time I pumped for and dropping pumping sessions. I didnt experience any issues and I thought I was good.  Well now I am engorged and sore and leaking.  I am in so much pain, it hurts to even hold one of the babies. Why would this happen? I dont want to pump and start everything the whole process over again.    

What should I do? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mommy to twin girls, Ashlyn & Fiona, born at 34 weeks due to vasa previa.

Re: I need weaning help! so sore : (

• Can you get in a warm shower and hand express just enough to relieve the pressure? If you just pump or express until you get relief, but not a full feeding, it will help but won't start milk production back up.
  • After a week of not pumping I had the same issue.  I had to pump because I couldn't take it.  After that it was all over.  Never had to pump again and no engorgement or pain.  I say relieve yourself. 

• Loading the player...
  • This is weird and kind of gross, but I had heard that lining your bra with chilled cabbage leaves would help.  I admit to trying it when weaning DD, and it did help!  No idea why, and I felt like such a weirdo doing it, but it worked!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"