June 2013 Moms
Options

Maybe crazy guy across the street WTD?

Ok, so I usually sit in the love seat at home, it faces a large window that looks out on our street. Across the street lives a retired schoolteacher and her 30ish son. He always looks a little torn up but we have never spoken, I've said hi to her in passing though.

I noticed that her car has been gone for a few days and he has had a friend over. They have been out in the driveway chain smoking constantly.

She came home today, about 2 hours later I hear screaming and yelling over my tv and washer/dryer that are running. I look out the window an they are out front. He is screaming at her and she looks like she's trying to calm him down. I couldn't understand what they were saying. Then he starts yelling at some guys that are doing work on a house 2 doors down. Mom is trying to get him back in the house and is pulling on his shirt trying to stop him from going down to the guys. I'm on the phone with DH trying to figure out if I should call the cops or not. She manages to get him into her car and they drive away.

I told DH that if he had gone down to the guys or had pushed/hit his mom I would have called 911. I'm kind of freaked out by this whole thing, we are new to the neighborhood and don't know the backstory. He seriously looked drugged out or like he had gone off his meds. Seriously the guys down the street are just doing some landscaping on a house. Nothing to be freaking out over. And normally the boys and I would have been out front riding bikes but DS1 had a day off of school so we were just hanging out inside. It makes me worry about how safe we are since I SAH.

So what should I do if this happens again? Call 911? Stop being the neighborhood busybody? Something else?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here comes Baby Rob #3
 BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

Re: Maybe crazy guy across the street WTD?

• Options
    Maybe watch it play out more. Get a feel for what's going on. If you suspect anything dangerous I'd def call.... anonymously.

• Options
    if it happens again, I would call 911. Her son could suffer from a mental illness and may actually need some help. I am not sure about the US, but in Canada (well Ontario) our police offers are trained to deal with people with mental health issues. Also, if she is a senior, there may be some elder abuse going on that wouldn't hurt to have documented. I work for children's aid and deal with a lot of domestic violence situations and sometimes people just really need to have an authority tell them they are out of line, and/or connect them with some helpful resources to deal with anger management and other potential issues.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would call the police. Things can easily escalate. they can just do a welfare check and diffuse the situation.
  • Options
    Can you call a non emergency police line?
    image image
    Bennett Andrew- 6/4/13      Nora Elizabeth - 10/3/14
  • Options
    The lady next door WAH so I think I'm going to ask her the next time we talk. I was just worried for the Mom. He just looked so agitated. I've heard yelling once or twice before but didn't know where it was coming from. I think next time I'll call the non emergency number just so the police can check in on them. They came back from wherever they went and he's totally calm looking now. Thanks ladies, I feel a little less like the neighborhood stalker now!

TTC Baby Rob #1 05/07, BFP 06/07, EDD 02/22/08, Baby Jackaroo born via c-section after 22 hours of labor on 02/27/08
    TTC Baby Rob #2 06/11 BFP 11/06/11 EDD 07/16/12 Natural M/C 11/25/11 @ 6w3d
    Baby Rob #2 (Sloane), in our hearts always.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Here comes Baby Rob #3
     BFP on Cycle 17 09/27/12. EDD 06/04/12! Please Stick Baby! A/S 01/22/13 Baby looking great. Officially TEAM BLUE! Jack is getting a Baby Brother! RCS scheduled for 05/29/13. William Daryll born at 9:59am on 05/29/13. Left ovary and tube removed due to peach sized tumor found during RCS. Pathology came back benign!

• Options
    Can you call a non emergency police line?
    This.

CJ 05/29/2013

• Options
    Achae said:

I would call the police. Things can easily escalate. they can just do a welfare check and diffuse the situation.

Yup call

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"