April 2014 Moms

Leaner Mirror in Nursery?

Do you think it's safe to put a leaning mirror (that rests against the wall) in the nursery?  
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Leaner Mirror in Nursery?

• I think its beautiful until the baby start crawling then its a major safety hazard 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I guess because it's not attached to the wall, it could get knocked over?  We have one downstairs in our house anyways, so I'm not sure it really matters.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would secure it to the wall. But I have everything that could tip secured--book shelves, dressers, tv.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like others said, it would work fine until you had a "stander."  Babies like to pull up on things and it would become a hazard then

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• We have a mirror like that in our bedroom and it came with this little anchor thing to anchor it to the wall if you wanted.

Lilypie Maternity tickers

image  image image

• I'd secure everything to the wall.  The ones we bought are zip-tie so it's easy to remove and replace if it's something that needs to be moved but it will keep the item from falling over. Super easy to install. 

• I'd secure it.  You never know when your otherwise immobile baby will discover they can roll or crawl and knock it over.  Better safe than sorry, IMO.

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"