3rd Trimester

Hospital bag?

When has everyone made up there hospital bag and what do you actually take? Suitcase, overnight bag?

Re: Hospital bag?

• I started making mine at about 25 weeks by sticking up on extra toiletries just to keep in my bag and by getting together the things for baby. I can't really pack my clothes yet as I am using my pjs and stuff still.

A few things you might not think about that I enjoyed having with my first...
    My own pillow
    My own nightgown/pjs for after delivery
    A robe
    Slippers or something to walk the halls in
    Chapstick
    Snacks/change for machines for hubby
    Baby book for getting the footprints in
  • Thank you. I really would of thought of things like that with change etc...

I suck to just never know how much your supposed to take. I need to get a bag now. I'm only 28 weeks today but my son come at 36 weeks and I had no bag packed and it was emergency c section in the end.

Xx
  • Loading the player...
  • I put my hospital bag stuff in my north face backpack several weeks ago and I am 37 weeks +...
  • Ok thanks for the advice things are very different for me this time I want to be prepared. Good luck lady's :)
  • I packed mine at 35 weeks I think. I packed baby's bag as I washed things from our shower since his was easy just a few outfits and a blanket is all we need. I did read some interesting posts on here to double check what your hospital provides for baby while you are there. Mine provides everything but I guess some charge for items or you need to bring them.
  • With DD I used a duffle bag.  I started packing it around 30 weeks.

Don't forget your cell phone and/or camera chargers.

surprise BFP 7/12/05 = missed m/c and D&C 9/28/05; TTC since 10/06; 1/16/08-D&C to remove bicournate uterus; 4 IUI's = BFN, 2 IVF's = BFFN. 8/5/09 Surprise BFP!! = another missed m/c and d&c 9/28/09 IVF #3 May 2010 = BFP!!!!  Beautiful DD born 1/16/2012.  8/1/13 Surprise BFP!!!  EDD 4/13/14.
  • I make breech babies so have had scheduled c/s's for both of them. I packed my bag the night before. I packed an overnight bag for me, the diaper bag for baby, and DH stayed overnights at his parents (they literally live a street over from the hospital) so he packed his own bag to stay with them. Although DH can stay at the hospital, we found it more beneficial for him just to stay late with me, go get a decent night sleep in a real bed and then come back early. 

I also found flip flops better than slippers as I didnt need to wear anything on my feet in bed, and i preferred walking around the halls/shower in flip flops to slippers. 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I started mine this week and I am 34 weeks. I then have a list of what I still need but can't pack yet (just so I don't forget) like chargers, camera, glasses...
    I am packing a separate bag for baby for dh to bring before we go home. We don't know the sex but I have options for both :)
    Something I have loved having in the past which I don't see on the sites list: those face wash wipes (I get so hot a sweaty afterwards and it's nice and refreshing).
    I pack a backpack
    Daughter born July 2008; Daughter born March 2010 Son born August 2011
  • We used a back pack and duffle.  The back pack had all the essentials for right after my emergency c/s (DS was breech), and the duffle we left in the car for afterwards.  
    In the back pack we had the camera, spare batteries, water and snacks for DH, our own blankets for the baby (hospital blankets are rough) and clothes for the baby.  
    The duffle bag had a few changes of clothes for me, lots of underwear in case I leaked off the pads, nursing bras, nursing pads, my own shampoo, conditioner and soap for showering after.  We also had a change of clothes for DH in case he got messy. 
    Our hospital provided free snacks in a kitchen on the maternity level so we didn't need to bring much for food or drink, plus I was served 3 meals a day and one snack I could order like room service. We also had wifi so we brought our laptop so we could email my family (they live across the country). 
    image image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I used a small rolling suitcase for mine, but I've got everything in there for myself (including pads because I'm not a fan of the hospitals) LO and SO has a change of clothes in there.
    View Full Size Image View Full Size Image
    Lilypie - (zHjr)
  • Last time I packed all the stuff I needed toiletry wise in a really sexy bag from Victoria's Secret. The staff thought it was hilarious. It is a tote bag with images of models wearing, well you know, not much, all over it. Def don't forget chap stick or Vaseline. I brought glittery gloss last time, and boy were my lips a mess.
  • We had stuff we didn't need or use last time, so this time around I will be ready! 

A pillow for me and one for hubby.  We both sleep better on our own.
    SEVERAL changes of clothes for hubby and something comfy for me to wear home.  Last time we were there a lot longer than I anticipated and I forgot to pack any undies for my hubby...
    phones, chargers, camera
    Lots of snacks for daddy (the cafeteria was a LONG walk)
    2 outfits for baby- a newborn and a 0-3 since we have big babies. 
    An extra bag to carry stuff home, hospital freebies and gifts from visitors!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"