Stay at Home Moms

I freaking love my neighborhood!

This was my first year ToTing here. We moved here 18 months ago, but because of Sandy it's our first time having Halloween. Our neighborhood was absolutely mobbed. Probably close to a thousand people! It was amazing! One house had wine and beer out for the adults, so we were walking around drinking (in front of the local police, so clearly not a legal issue lol). Then another house had jello shots waiting for the adults! After that we went to a  family friend's house and had more wine. So I can't feed Drew for a bit lmfao! I'm going to miss this place next year, so much fun! Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween!!
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I freaking love my neighborhood!

• We have a cooler for wine and beer for adults! I love out neighborhood too. DH and the dad he went with are drinking jack and cokes.
  • That's awesome! My mom was laughing that when we were growing up she had to bring our own wine! She loved that people provide it now lol!!!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • All the men are pulling wagons with coolers:)
  • OMG, love it!!!
  • My plastic self serve wine bottles are going quickly!
  • Glad my neighborhood isn't the only lushes lol! Such a fun night for all!
  • That sounds so fun. Dh asked the neighbour "trick or beer". We left him there for a bit.
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• sounds like us- we live on a court and our kids are all playing out here while we are passing out candy... with wine in solo cups :)
  • I'm jealous! I hope my neighborhood is this awesome next year when DS is old enough to TOT.
  • Also jealous.  I did meet two families with sons the same age as DS.  We exchanged numbers and both commented on the complete lack of children in our neighborhood.  I hope as the housing market improves, the demographics of the neighborhood will change from 60+ to young families. I really wanted one of the subs where the neighbors hung out.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SallyAnneSSallyAnneS member
    edited November 2013

Also jealous.  I did meet two families with sons the same age as DS.  We exchanged numbers and both commented on the complete lack of children in our neighborhood.  I hope as the housing market improves, the demographics of the neighborhood will change from 60+ to young families. I really wanted one of the subs where the neighbors hung out.

My neighbourhood i the same way. How did you ask for their contact info? I wanted to but felt awkward. :(
    Twins:BabyFruit TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• You mean people ToT WITHOUT wine? There is always wine, snacks, jello shots, beer, popcorn, etc. in our hood. The best is all the coolers in the strollers and golf carts.
  • All the men are pulling wagons with coolers:)
    Yes! This is our 'hood to a T. Not to mention there is a famous country singer giving a concert on a friend's front steps.
  • I'm jealous too. Most of the time I love living in the country but not tonight.

Ditto. We don't ToT here but we go to my parents neighborhood every year. Tonight they paraded DS around to a couple neighbors while DH and I handed out candy to like, I dunno, maybe 5 or 6 groups of ToT-ers. No one walks around drinking though, there just aren't THAT many kids. Also, it's kind of chilly. I'm jealous of what some of you are describing!
  • My mom always carried wine, but she had to keep it hidden in our usually buttoned up town lol! I haven't ToTed in this town in a while and they've loosened up on open container laws a lot!
  • Ok, I need to move where you are. I think adults should get to ToT too!

I got beer, but it was at my SIL's, where we started and ended. I did say "TRICK OR TREAT!" for it though, lol. We normally take travel mugs along with us but we had our hands full of umbrellas this year.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• That sounds so fun, I'm jealous!
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• We had coffee cups full of wine.   ;)
  • I am completely shocked by all of you. SHOCKED.
  • Mrs.Hizzo said:
    I am completely shocked by all of you. SHOCKED.
    I can't read the sarcasm here...you forgot to use the correct font. 
  • Jealous!  We're all dark and woodsy, so not a big thing here.  I'm going to have to make friends with moms in nearby developments!
  • KateMW said:
    Mrs.Hizzo said:
    I am completely shocked by all of you. SHOCKED.
    I can't read the sarcasm here...you forgot to use the correct font. 
    There's a sarcasm font? This could have saved me so much trouble over the years...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"