July 2013 Moms

never trimming his nails again.

I just cut him TWICE. He cried both times and even though they are tiny nicks they bled like crazy. I feel horrible.

Re: never trimming his nails again.

• I wait until my LO falls asleep. Is that an option? It's so much easier :)
  • Awe :(
    He will be ok
  • Loading the player...
  • He is asleep. The first time I just cut too close. Then once I got him calm and asleep again I went for the last nail and he startled :(
  • I totally feel for you :( I clipped one finger and haven't touched them since. At least they do heal pretty quickly even though they bleed a lot!
  • I need to try a file again. When he was first born they were too soft and the file just bent them... this his my 3rd time cutting him. First time he was just a couple weeks old and it didn't even wake him
  • DH did that to LO just a few days ago, I felt so bad!!!  Luckily she was nursing, so she only popped off the boob to cry for a few minutes.  Maybe I'll go back to filing.
  • Oh I just did the same thing the other day. I'm not clipping anymore I'm just going back to biting them. But I feel for you, I think I cried harder than the bean did

imageimage            

• OMG I did this a few weeks ago. There was so much blood. I called my pediatrician crying. They laughed at me. But I totally know how awful it seems when it happens. You're probably more upset than the baby!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I use a cuticle nipper. It works so good because you can go in sideways. It's getting harder to trim LO's nails because they are so wiggly these days!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh no! I've done that too. I always feel so bad. It will heal quickly though.
  • If it makes you feel better, my mom cut my finger a time or two and I don't remember a thing!! ;)
    Our little Sweetpea 
    photo 62d4d618-8ee8-46d9-ae5d-705799d4d9da.jpg

BFP #1 04/27/12 | blighted ovum, m/c 05/30/12 @ ?? weeks, D&C 06/01/12 BFP #2 11/06/12 | DD born 07/10/13 BFP #3 10/07/13
  • I'm sorry that happened! I get discouraged with Noah's nails sometimes. I've only gotten loose skin around the nail if I nicked him but he cried as if I made him bleed. Broke my heart :( 
    Married 12.20.2010
    BFP#1: 11.22.2012 EDD: 7.22.2013 DS Born 7.24.2013
    BFP#2: 11.26.2014 EDD: 7.25.2015 *chemical confirmed 12.08.14*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a bleeder too. I've cut Nolan's fingers at least three or four times. I felt awful each time. Now I'm so much better!!! I bite the corners that are hard to get rounded. That's something I never thought I would do. Hehe
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • I also just bite them while he's nursing. We also have similar scissors to the ones posted above. They're curved in such a way that you can't really knock them.

image image

D 2.20.2011 & Z 7.16.2013

• I had DH do it while LO was nursing. Even if she startles she gets soothed again easily enough. So if you're BF that's a good option

Same. @somerandomchick, sometimes I feel like you are me. Or I am you.

• I am mostly on my iPad so it's hard to write a lot! Especially when feeding:) now that I'm back to work you will see me more hehe
    KittenD said:
    I have a bleeder too. I've cut Nolan's fingers at least three or four times. I felt awful each time. Now I'm so much better!!! I bite the corners that are hard to get rounded. That's something I never thought I would do. Hehe
    @weaslewam Weez! Where have you been!? How do you not post more often?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP 1 - March 26, 2012, MMC discovered May 21, 2012
    BFP 2 - October 30, 2012, Rainbow Baby Boy born July 14, 2013
    TTC no sooner than November 2014
  • I have DH feed her and do it then, she is so focused on eating that she doesn't move.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"