2% 3 votes
So good a prevention I rarely have anything wong
0% 1 vote
Depends...
11% 15 votes
Let me see the poll
1% 2 votes

Re: GTKY: Are you pickers or leavers?

• It depends--I'll pop it if it's "ready" and gross...but otherwise I try to leave them (I have so many acne scars that I have learned my lesson.)

DH on the other hand, destroys them (doesn't medicate, though). He cannot stand them and will pick mine too if I let him. I have terrible backne from the lovely hormones and so many of them are scabbed from DH. He is cray cray.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Started dating February 6, 2012
    Married June 28, 2013
    BFP August 9, 2013
    Had our first baby, Samuel Robert, on April 17, 2014!

• I just picked at a crazy ingrown hair last night and I'm glad I did, it was almost infected and still hurts today even after I cleaned it out. I usually leave pimples be unless they're really awful, those scar too easily. Ingrown hairs though I'm afraid to leave alone and have them turn into an abscess.

Mom of 2 little gentlemen and one more on the way

image         image

• Loading the player...
  • hordol I am so jealous your DH will do that for you.  I always sigh and say I guess I will wait until I see my sister... but I pick at my bacne in the mirror almost daily... it is that bad.

katiedidthat, such a satisfying thing to get an ingrown.  
    image    image    image    image

• I destroy. It's probably my worst habit.
  • I love popping zits. Sometimes I hold my SO down to see if he has anything on his back!
  • It makes me feel better to know that no one has said "leave it" entirely yet.
  • Pick at it and destroy it even if it's not ready. I cannot leave pimples or ingrown hairs alone.
  • Pick at it and destroy it even if it's not ready. I cannot leave pimples or ingrown hairs alone.

This is me!

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I'm a special snowflake here. I don't really do anything to prevent them, I just don't get them. Which isn't to say I've never had a zit, but it's been about 15 years since I last had anything really noticeable. When I was 19 I had a sebaceous cyst on my right cheek that I just couldn't touch to drain it - it was way too painful. It eventually shrank and just a few months ago, a friend of mine who is an aesthetician did an extraction for me and got out the dried crud. Ask me about psoriasis and cracked skin, though...

Lilypie - (tQ1Y)

Lilypie - (Rgc4)

Daisypath - (bXqd)

Natural miscarriage @ 8 weeks - 3/8/2005
    Big Brother "Skippy" born - 2/28/2007
    Missed miscarriage - (EDD 3/5/2013) - D&E @ 11 weeks - 8/8/2012
    "Hen" (EDD 6/7/2013) - born sleeping @ 19 weeks - 1/15/2013
    "G-Unit" born - 4/14/2014 and he's 100% perfection!!
  • babybarnes87babybarnes87 member
    edited November 2013
    I pick and pop if it's ready (there's something disgustingly satisfying about popping a zit). However, I only pick with clean hands in front of a mirror, with face wash, creams, and makeup nearby. I know it's still a bad habit though :(

• It depends.  If it's something I think I can pop, then I do.  If it doesn't have a "head" on it, then I leave it be.  I am pretty lucky that I rarely break out.  Watch, as soon as I post this, one will come!

• knotty-girlknotty-girl member
    edited November 2013
    I was/am a picker. I went on Accutane a few years ago and it changed my life because I no longer have acne and only once in a while get a rogue pimple. Luckily for me I don't scar.

I still have a picking kit. It contains diabetic lances, blackhead remover tool, Neosporin, Clean & Clear popped pimple relief, Q-tips, hydrogen peroxide, cotton pads, and those little round band aids. Gross, I know. I have it down to a science. I lance it, squeeze it (with Q-tips, NEVER with dirty finger nails), clean it with peroxide (or tea tree oil), add Neosporin or goop if necessary and cover it with a band-aid so it doesn't get icky and fill back up. Usually it works. You'd think I'd have learned from mistakes not to mess with certain ones, like the cystic ones that never surface, however the need to resolve it proves irresistible and I mess with it and inevitably make a mountain out of a molehill. That's the worst.

This is really gross to admit, but now that I'm pregnant I have been getting horrible bacne. I use my clarisonic with back brush attachment, but to no avail because its hormonal. I make my poor DH go at the nasty ones because I can't reach them.
  • Unfortunately I'm an obsessive picker. I'm not as bad as I used to be, but I've scarred my face from doing it when I was younger. :( I partially blame my obsession on my mom because she loved it when we would pick at her face! She would make us do it. It's not a habit I want to instill in my kids for sure.
    February Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV couple ~ Jim & Pam <3

Edolie Mae ~ April 21, 2014 <3
  • I feel terrible admitting this but before trying to concieve and pregnancy I was on Loestrin 24 and literally had perfect skin so sometimes I think to myself ahh after this LO gets here I can't wait to get my skin back! I don't think I can use loestrin 24 while Brest feeding and I'm terrified to try anything else... My sister in law got the depo shot and gained a ton of weight and had terrible depression (her doctor told her to never get it again).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"