January 2014 Moms

AW: Everything was great until this week...

2»

Re: AW: Everything was great until this week...

• Ugh - sorry for the crap day!! Kidney stones sound like no fun at all. Hopefully they pass without too much incident. Do they think the contractions were related to the kidney stones/pain in any way? Sorry if I missed that - just kinda scanned through the replies. Super sorry about DH's lack of "compassion and interest." I used the quotes because that's the terms I've used with my DH during our come to Jesus conversations since I've been pregnant, and him not answering you immediately for any reason is unacceptable. Hopefully he will see how he disappointed you and not do it again! My DH has improved, but still has his moments.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm so sorry peanut - sounds like a pretty awful day. I hope the kidney stones pass quickly. Is there anything they can so about the vein or do you have to wait until after Brennan is born?
  • Loading the player...
  • @peanutmuse you feeling better hun? I hope so!
  • Total bummer on all accounts! Is there anything they can do about the v vein? I hear you on the DH check-out. I have noticed a spike in that with my DH as well. Not cool.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• And I thought I had a rough day.
    I'm so sorry you had to go through this. Hope things get better for you! ❤️
  • I hope u feel better!!! I mean was it absolutely necessary that the doctor point out that vericose vein????? SMH
  • Thanks again, ladies. To answer some of the questions -- I feel a little bit better this morning, but I know from the past that it is temporary. It goes through phases, as it passes. So we'll see. I have to drop my cats off at the vet at about 7:15 and then I was going to do my GTT today. If I'm still feeling ok, I'll probably still do that.

Regarding the vein, my OB told me that we'd keep an eye on it but not do any surgery until after the baby is born. I mentioned in an earlier post that I was told by my PCP that they won't do anything for the one in my leg until I'm done having babies, but the OB said that for the VV, they might want to fix it right away because they can get much, much worse in pregnancies that follow. I guess we'll see. That's feeling better now, though. I got a compression support belt that takes away a lot of the pain & pressure. Unfortunately, it's uncomfortable when I'm having what I now know were mini contractions, so hopefully I won't have any more of those. The contractions were almost definitely caused by the spasms and irritation to my kidney and bladder. And like I said, I couldn't even feel them, so they couldn't have been that bad. :)
  • That really sucks peanut, I'm so sorry you are dealing with these things! I'm glad you are feeling a bit better this morning. Sending you many thoughts and prayers that you feel much better soon! ::Big hugs::

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• I'm so sorry, that is a lot to be dealing with. Your DH sounds like my husband, he always tells me he has his phone on him and to call or text him and then I get nothing back. Being in the hospital he should have been more focused and aware of you. I hope you start to feel better soon and those kidney stones pass soon. 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial ticker
    Due with baby boy # 2 in May 2016
    DD #1 born January 2014

• Awww that sounds like a really bad week!!!   I hope you are able to pass them quickly and can start feeling more normal (or as normal as can be expected) again soon. 
  • What a crappy week.  I hope you feel better soon @peanutmuse!
                        Nathaniel Robert born 1.16.2014

• ugh sorry that stinks. I've heard how painful stones are - most of my family gets them chronically but not me (yet). Hope it isn't too bad for too long. And boo to DHs that don't answer phones - mine's the same way. I think it's time to have a serious talk this weekend. We're getting into the home stretch and I would feel better if I knew that if I needed him he'd be available. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"