January 2014 Moms

AW: Everything was great until this week...

peanutmusepeanutmuse member
edited October 2013 in January 2014 Moms
Kidney stones, confirmed this afternoon after a trip to the OB triage for a few hours. Awesome. Oh yeah, and apparently I was having small contractions at regular intervals and didn't even know. I felt a little bit like I had menstrual cramps today, but it was completely overshadowed by the kidney pain I guess. Because of the contractions, they did a quick cervical check. (Closed, all good. Baby is perfect.) But the triage doctor said, "I see you have a distinct varicose vein on your labia."  I'm glad I discovered that for myself earlier this week, or I might have had a meltdown, haha.

And I am slightly pissed at my husband. I told him he didn't need to leave work to come with me to the hospital, but he promised to be available by phone just in case. He told me he would keep his phone next to him at all times. I sent him a message letting him know about the kidney stones and the contractions and he didn't even read the message for a full hour, let alone respond. I'm upset because what if it had been something worse and I needed him to come there? I don't like the fact that he wasn't available like he promised he would be. It's typical of his behavior toward me -- which I've mentioned before -- because I am a very independent person. But after we had our talk last weekend, I thought things would get better.

I'm a bit sad about it and just need to whine a bit. I'll get over it.

Re: AW: Everything was great until this week...

• Oh I am sorry!! sounds like a terrible day! (Big Hug) 

"Go in peace! I will not say: do not weep; for not all tears are an evil." -Gandalf 
    m/c #1 01/10/12
    BFP #2 01/18/13. EDD 09/10/13. Missed m/c 02/18/13. 
    BFP #3 5/1/13 My rainbow DS born 1/13/14
    BFP #4 11/11/15 spontaneous m/c 12/28/15
    BFP#5  Praying for another rainbow in February!

• I'm sorry :( I'm sure it was nerve wrecking waiting on him to respond. I would be mad too. I hope next time, he responds sooner. Like, you know, as soon as his phone receives your text!
  • Loading the player...
  • Holy crap, PM!    Not a good day at all.  I'd be super pissed at MH, too.  I get irrationally angry, in any situation, when he doesn't answer his phone.
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• I'm sorry it was such a rough day. And I'm sorry your DH isn't following through on what you guys talked about. Sending hugs.

**********************************************************************************************************************

Diagnosed with PCOS June 2010, TTC#1 since May 2012
    Cycle#1-3 Clomid 50mg + TI= No response
    Cycle#4-5 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1000mg + TI= BFN, but finally ovulation!!!
    Cycle #6 Clomid 150mg + Metformin 1500mg + IUI(4/15)= BFP!!! EDD 01/06/2014 <br>

Stella Margaret arrived on December 21, 2013!

imageimage image

• :::belly bump for same day cervical checks:::
    imageimage
    Baby Chugging born 12.28.13
    induction due to HELLP

• ugh, so sorry about it all . Hope you got some good meds for the kidney stones.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sorry to hear about the kidney stones:(
    As for your H maybe it would help him if he programmed a special ring or even have his phone vibrate when you are trying to get a hold of him?

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:6-7
    PgAL

• Ah, sorry to hear that! Kidney stones are supposed to be very painful - is there anything you can do? I hope you get some relief!
    DS 2014 ❤
    DD 2016 ❤

• Kidney stones suck! I'm sorry you had such a crap day! Hopefully YH gets it now, I'd be pretty livid myself after a talk and the promise and all. I am Glad LO is all good and everything is closed up though! 
    photo babbbbby1smaller.jpg

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh yuck!  Sorry all this is happening but so happy to hear your little boy is ok. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so very sorry!
  • Sorry you're having such a shitty day :( Are they just having you try to pass them on your own?

• Sorry to hear about the kidney stones! And I really hope YH gets his butt into gear! I'd be pretty damn livid with MH
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

BFP #1 8/1/11, MMC 10/5/11, D&C 11/1/11
     BFP #2 5/28/13, EDD 1/17/14. Elliott - 12/31/13
  • Sorry you're having such a shitty day :( Are they just having you try to pass them on your own?
    @BuckeyeMommy4 -- Yes, for now. I have had them before and one got stuck and required surgery for removal. I'm familiar with how the pain changes if that happens, so they told me to call if I think that's going on. Otherwise, just pain meds, fluids & fingers crossed!
  • That's a lot of stuff on one plate, peanut. Sorry you didn't get the level of support you deserved from DH. I'd be feeling down, too.
    Baby Boy #2
    Due Date 11/10/16
  • Thanks for the support & well wishes. Sometimes I swear this board saves my sanity.
  • :::belly bump for same day cervical checks:::
    Woot!
  • Very sorry to hear about all that peanut, sounds like a very stressful day. I can see why you would be down about DH after going through all that medical stuff. Hoping the kidney stones pass and DH makes it up to you.

• On the bright side, at least I know why my blood pressure has been a little wonky. That tends to happen when I'm sick or in pain.
  • That really sucks! A friend of mine also suffered from kidney stones during/after her pregnancy. She was prone to getting them anyways (she had had several instances in the past) but her doctor told her that pregnancy & prenatal vitamins tend to make them worse, mostly because of the extra calcium and how we don't process it very well during pregnancy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    @BuckeyeMommy4 -- Yes, for now. I have had them before and one got stuck and required surgery for removal. I'm familiar with how the pain changes if that happens, so they told me to call if I think that's going on. Otherwise, just pain meds, fluids & fingers crossed!
    Good luck! I hope its quick and as pain free as possible. I had my first kidney stone during my last  pregnancy that was undiagnosed until I passed a spikey monster. Kick your dh in the balls and give him a nice punch in the kidney so he can understand.

• That really sucks! A friend of mine also suffered from kidney stones during/after her pregnancy. She was prone to getting them anyways (she had had several instances in the past) but her doctor told her that pregnancy & prenatal vitamins tend to make them worse, mostly because of the extra calcium and how we don't process it very well during pregnancy.
    @Shannahbee -- yes, I have heard that too. I actually had kidney sludge at 11 weeks (basically tiny stones that band together). This time is much worse, though. I am not looking forward to the next few days. Boo.
  • I'm so sorry you have kidney stones. I hope you feel better soon. I would be ticked at DH as well. Mine always has his phone on vibrate, and I've told him he needs to start turning the ringer on in case I need him.
    Anniversary

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry peanut :( hope you feel better soon!!

Missing Our July Sparkler
    BFP#1-11/12/12, MMC 1/16/13-baby stopped growing @ 9wks, found out at 13wks, D&E 1/25/13
    BFP#2-4/23/13 EDD-01/02/14 baby BOY born 12/31/13 Michael Cameron <3

• Oh I'm sorry Peanut that sucks! I hope they pass soon and you don't have any further issues:( At least you got an answer about your BP though and baby is doing well- thats good news right?

• I'm so sorry :(
    __________________________________________________________________________________________ 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers  
  • Ugh that really sucks. Kidney stones are incredibly painful and stressful on their own, I can't imagine them being couple with pregnancy. 

I had a similar conversation with my DH a few weeks ago about him not being accessible. It got a little better but not much. Sometimes, I truly think they just don't get it. 

Hang in there peanut! I hope you get through this weekend with as little pain as possible. Keep us posted! 

imageimage

• So sorry to hear about all of this. That sucks. Husband and I have been having the same conversation about being available and accessible if I need him. I hope this serves as a wake up call to him
    I can't wait to meet you Neva Margaret Rebecca
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Ugh, I'm so sorry about kidney stones! They are horrible!! I hope you're able to pass them quickly, and I hope your H realizes he needs to be there for you soon. You deserve the support.

Married 3/17/2005
    M/C #1 2005 - 6wks
    M/C #2 2006 - 7wks
    M/C #3 2008 - 11wks
    Baby Aeneas Born 1/20/2014
  • Ugh, what a shit day. So sorry...hope you're not in too much pain? I've heard kidney stones are terrible...

DS1 born 08.02.11

DS2 born 12.05.13

• It sucks that you are having such a sucky day. Hoping that your kidney stones pass soon, and that your DH sees that his incredibly strong wife needs his support.

Baby Lexi: BFP: May 12, 2013 (Mother's Day), EDD: January 21, 2014
  • Really sorry about the kidney stones, Peanut. I'll be thinking of you and hoping for the best. No experience with them, but I imagine it's pretty miserable :( and it's complete ok to be upset about YH not being available as promised. I hope he can turn it around and be a bit more attentive.

imageimage

• Oh no Peanut I hope with the rest, fluids and pain meds you have an easier experience with the stones this time around especially when you are pregnant! Thinking of you (and I hope YH gets with the program soon!)
    TI w/Clomid 12/16, 1/17, 2/17
    OB ordered SA 2/17 and referred to RE for MFI - Low Count/Motility
    DH Varicocele repair 6/17. 
    9/17 SA: count improved
    TI w/Letrozole 9/17, 10/17
    IUI#1 11/17 BFN
    IUI#2 Christmas day :'( Canceled due to low count/poor sample  :'(
    IVF#1 w/ICSI: 3/18 BCP, Lupron down reg, Follistim 300IU, LDHCG 10units, Lupron 5units, Ovidrel trigger on 3/18. ER 3/21
    8 retrieved, 5 mature, 3 smaller no fertilization w/IVF. 3/5 fertilized w/ICSI. Day 5 Fresh transfer scheduled 3/26 or day3 on Saturday if any arrest.

• That's a lot to handle! I'm sorry Mr. Peanut wasn't there for you when you were counting on him. Maybe this will light a fire under his butt to be more available.

• Boo to the kidney stones.  That sucks.  Well, and the contractions, too.  I'm glad everything is closed and baby is OK.  Hope you're on the mend soon.  Thinking of you.
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

Jacob & Audra - married since 05.28.11
    Emma Kate - born 10.16.03 @ 29 weeks, weighed 1lb 13oz and 13.5" long.
    Ozzy Joseph - born 11.01.13 @ 31 weeks, weighed 3lbs 7oz and 16" long.
    TTC #3
    _______________________________________________________________________________________

• boo. I'm sorry friend. I imagine you feel pretty awful and you were already hurting down there! And I'd be upset to and DH not responding to the text. Not cool.
             *********************************************************************************

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Married October 2009. Me 29 H 28.
    After 1 year of infertility, our little miracle was conceived via our 3rd IUI on May 5, 2013.
    Holland Sophia was born Jan 24, 2014.
  • I'm sorry, I hope the stones pass quickly and easily!
    Married 05.19.12 
      Lucas Anthony born 12.29.13
    image image

• aessary03 said:
    Boo to the kidney stones.  That sucks.  Well, and the contractions, too.  I'm glad everything is closed and baby is OK.  Hope you're on the mend soon.  Thinking of you.
    @aessary03, so glad to see you back posting! How are you feeling??
  • Just  *humph* for you :(  Not cool, dude. Well, I hope he makes up for this by taking extra care of you this weekend. Sending big hugs your way-- I hope you get some relief from all of these ailments.
    CafeMom Tickers
  • So sorry about the kidney stones! Definitely have had my fair share this pregnancy and they suck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"