January 2013 Moms

What is your ideal family size?

ReeceFamilyReeceFamily member
edited October 2013 in January 2013 Moms
I'm just curious, with all of the new pregnancies and ttc ladies...what family size are you going for? How many of us are 1 and done? Reply below (I love these polls, so I'm going to throw one out there now and then).
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

What is your ideal family size? 106 votes

One and done, thank you!
14% 15 votes
Two, we're replacing our selves and then we're done!
35% 38 votes
Three is the new two!
27% 29 votes
Four!
17% 19 votes
Five!
3% 4 votes
Six (or more...watch out Duggars!)
0% 1 vote

Re: What is your ideal family size?

• I voted for 4 but technically it will be 5. I want 4 but I also have a stepson. I only answered 4 because that's how many I want to give birth to.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I voted for 2 but I have the idea of 3 stuck in my mind. We'll see.
    Formerly knittylady
    DH:34 - Me: 33
    Emmaline Winifred - 1.25.2013
    Wesley Daniel - 7.24.2014
    #3 EDD - 6.24.2018

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I said 4 but more realistically it will be 2, or 3.

Jacob, 1/14/13
  • I said 3 but we will see.  DD has been a tough baby and I didn't have an easy pregnancy.  If hypothetical number 2 is the same we may be done but if 2 and 3 are easy we may even go for 4.  We will see. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• I want three, DH wants two. But I think I can persuade him ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers >Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I voted for 3, I want a big family but don't want a minivan or to have to buy a 4 bedroom house! Twins run in our family on both DH and my side so I'm hoping 3 doesn't end up being 4...yikes!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I voted three, but I would LOVE 4... probably gonna be three though. We'll see.

• I'm turning out to be quite the hippie. I love the idea of replacing ourselves even though 1 is more ecofriendly I don't think I can be one and done.
  • I voted for 4.  We shall see though.  I've always wanted 4, but DH never saw himself having more than 2.  He is now on board for #3 (start TTC in a week!), and says that we'll see how we are handling 3 before saying yes or no to a 4th kid.
    Jonathan Jeremy~12/02/2010,  BFP#2~M/C @ 11wks 4 days,  BFP #3~CP @ 4 wks 3 days,  
    Simon Randall~01/29/2013, Grayson Paul~10/03/2014
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Oct'14 January Siggy Challenge - Snow Fails 

• I voted 6, lol. Unlike Jsbosarge, I was counting my two SKs. So, I want to give birth to at least three more, BUT, we are open to as many as we get. DH is significantly older than me so we joke that we need to "make a lot of babies" so that at least one of them makes enough money to take care of me when DH is gone. ;-) We use NFP and are always open to life, so who knows where we'll end up, family-wise. But yeah, ideally, 3 more of my own bebes.
  • We would love to have another child but with IF we don't know if that will be possible. If we do get pregnant a 2nd time and it is also a girl DH would like to try for a boy. So 2-3 but more than likely only 1 due to IF.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• edited November 2013
    I used to always say I wanted 3 that were about two years apart each but now that I actually have a child I'm leaning towards just 2 and closer to three or four years apart.

I had an easy pregnancy but the whole newborn stage was really overwhelming for me. Plus my husbands work schedule makes me fly solo a great deal so I'd already be outnumbered with two! But who knows what the future holds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • 4. I have a thing for even numbers...even though it may be 2. But I would like to try again for a girl

• Before we had kids, I wanted 2-3, but now we are very seriously considering being OAD. I'm really happy with our family how it is and have trouble imagining it with more members.

• In the past I always wanted 3 children but between starting a family late, divorce, and unexpected additional responsibilities it looks like I'm going to be a one and done Mom. 

• DH and I have always wanted 3. If they are all girls, we are definitely open to the idea of trying for a 4th. DH really wants a son.

BabyFruit Ticker

• I want 4, but may stop at 3... we'll see.

I have a coworker who said that he only wanted 2, but his wife wanted 6. Guess how many they have.... 6! Aged 9, 7, 6, 4, 3, 1. Freakin' adorable family!
  • I've always wanted 2 but with DHs MFI we had to do IVF for DD so it will depend on if we can get pg again.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"