September 2012 Moms

Will your S12 baby be ToTing this year?

edited October 2013 in September 2012 Moms
Just curious how many people take their <2 year old ToTing. No judgement either way. And I'm not counting a trip to Mommy/Daddy's office as ToTing. I mean actually going outside and ringing doorbells.
Double the love
photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM

Will your S12 baby be ToTing this year? 78 votes

Yes
34% 27 votes
No
47% 37 votes
Yes, but only because I have an older LO who I'm taking anyway
14% 11 votes
I'm special. Let me explain...
3% 3 votes

Re: Will your S12 baby be ToTing this year?

• It's raining. Not sure what we are going to do tonight :(

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• She will hang in the stroller. She doesn't have a bucket for candy. We brought her block box thing so she can carry that if she wants to so she's like her brothers. She already gets really upset when they have something or are doing something and she doesn't.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • mrsbhk22 said:
    She will hang in the stroller. She doesn't have a bucket for candy. We brought her block box thing so she can carry that if she wants to so she's like her brothers. She already gets really upset when they have something or are doing something and she doesn't.
    This is what we did.  A couple houses we took him out of the stroller and let him walk for awhile.  But he didn't go up to any doors.  Well, he walked up one driveway to say hi.  But not for candy.  :)

Big Kid Jan 2010

Littlest Man Sept 2012

• DH and I were both going to take the kids together. Now I think DH is just going to take DD with our neighbors while I stay home with DS. We both have colds so feeling like avoiding the cold temps!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• I
    hmp1 said:

It's raining. Not sure what we are going to do tonight :(

Is there a mall you could stop by? That's what we're doing. Mostly for something to do and cuz Ed likes watching big kids.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• She'll go out so friends near by can aw, but she doesn't get candy and she won't go as long as ds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • No, I don't need anymore candy in my house and I don't want her eating it.  She'll put on her special jammies and we'll hand out candy until bedtime. :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We will walk around the block because some people go all out here, but we won't go up to doors or get candy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Our trick or treating was moved to tomorrow, Friday, due to the weather so we will go to a few houses and possible meet up with some friends after.
     Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to 4 houses- my parents, my aunts, my cousins and my best friends. That's it.

I took the candy. :)

• We went to about 20 houses. I felt like a jackass. Sean walked towards the door but never all the way. He didn't carry his bag (I wasn't expecting him to). He didn't talk to or look at any of the people. He didn't grab candy out of the bowls. My FIL kept taking him to the doors. I felt like a greedy candy horder forcing my one year old to the doors. Ha.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers 
  • The plaza where his school is had "trick or treating" and open playspace time last weekend. We didn't ring doorbells or anything. We played at his school and a couple local businesses gave him treats. 

Tonight we didn't do ToT. 

• We took the three kids to the mall for ToTing, so S12-baby did go, but DH had to hold her the whole time, since she can't walk. If she was the first baby, I don't think we would've gone.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • I voted yes because we thought we were going to walk her around but we didn't. We put her in her costume at my ILs and sat outside handing out candy. She had a blast watching all the big kids!

Anniversary

• I voted that I'm special.  O:-)

We went to my aunt's house and walked down to the end of her street to her friend's house. We stopped at 3 - 4 houses along the way. DD was way more interested in watching the big kids run around, the leaves, the bag of chips in her pumpkin, a piece of fuzz on her finger...

But it was still fun!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• We went with my sister and her son (2.5yrs). We went to maybe 12 houses. I was surprised how well she did. It was a lot of fun but I'm just as tired as she is now that we're home. Without them we probably would have only gone to family and close neighbors.

• Only to our 2 closest neighbors, I can't imagine a little one lasting very long TOTing
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageVisit The Nest!Visit The Nest!
  • Bluebird2318Bluebird2318 member
    edited November 2013
    No. The weather was terrible here, but we wouldn't have gone anyway. I would like to have answered the door if we had trick or treaters so that she could see all the fun costumes though. We had awful rain all day. :(
    March 2017 September Siggy Challenge: Favorite Fall Things

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"