December 2013 Moms
Options

Swelling question

Ok so google and the nurse at my OB weren't much help so I'm wondering if anyone has anything similar?

I've been waking up more swollen than when I go to bed. My hands are really swelling (feet too but not as bad as my hands) and they hurt. Anyone else?

Re: Swelling question

• Options
    Are you getting up to pee in the night?  Drinking enough water?  Getting enough electrolytes during the day?
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Drink tons of water!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Also try propping you feet up with pillows when you go to sleep.
    Rainbow Baby born 12/14/13

• Options
    I do all of this. I'm drinking a ton and I'm not really eating much sodium... I guess I'll just keep watching and bring it up at my appt Tuesday...
  • Options
    If it starts to feel really, really uncomfortable, I wouldn't wait until Tuesday -- I'd call.  If it's circulation stuff, you don't want to mess around with that.
    Lilypie - (V9Ze)
  • Options
    I have been having swelling and hand pain exactly like you are describing. I asked my doctor about it and she told me that it is very common there is really nothing that I can do about it at all. 
  • Options

If it starts to feel really, really uncomfortable, I wouldn't wait until Tuesday -- I'd call.  If it's circulation stuff, you don't want to mess around with that.

Definitely will.
  • Options
    You need to drink more water to keep the swelling down.
    Pregnancy Ticker image image
  • Options
    Make sure to keep a close eye on your blood pressure and take it throughout the day if you can. A lot of swelling can be a sign of high bp so be careful.
  • Options
    I have swollen feet and just had my blood pressure checked and urine tested today. All was okay so I think it's just a part of pregnancy but of course still keeping an eye on it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"