November 2013 Moms

Moms looking for Medela pumps covered by their insurance

I just ordered my Medela double electric pump (pretty sure it's the PISA...but in a less fancy bag lol) from Edgepark medical supplies on Tuesday and they've already confirmed with my doctor and it's on its way to me! Should be here in the next week or so. I'm sharing this because I know the Medela double electrics are hard to come by and are on back order through many medical suppliers so if your insurance is associated with this company maybe give them a try?

#LOLFITMAMA

Re: Moms looking for Medela pumps covered by their insurance

• I used Edgepark (I also use them for my insulin pump pods and continuous glucose monitors) but my insurance wouldn't cover that pump. I had to get the Ameda and I HATE it. Already one of the suction cups isn't working properly.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got the Medela from edge park and it was even less than a week!
  • Loading the player...
  • I just called to confirm since I was so paranoid maybe they sent me the wrong one...but yep, it's the Medela. They had it in stock, covered in full by my insurance, and it'll be here in 2 days! I love good customer service.

#LOLFITMAMA
  • I tried Edgepark and they were on back order but that was a while ago. I used Aeroflow and they had no problem getting the medela and sent it to me in 3 days.
  • Our insurance covers the Medela from Edgepark-- but I can't even order it until I have LO's date of birth-- talk about annoying!  It's crazy how insurance companies all have different rules for timing/models, etc. 
  • I tried Edgepark and they were on back order but that was a while ago. I used Aeroflow and they had no problem getting the medela and sent it to me in 3 days.

This was me too! Loved Aeroflow's customer service.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SharonB222SharonB222 member
    edited October 2013
    Huh, I called Edgepark last week, but they said my insurance (UHC Choice) would cover Ameda and Playtex, and not Medela.  Bummer for me, Good for you!

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

• I got the medela from edgepark in a week! So far it's covered, still waiting to see if the claim goes through.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I used Bell Pharmacy in NJ. I received it, in like 3 days.
  • Thanks for sharing! I'll take care of it these days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"