1st Trimester

People announcing on FB right away and I'm dying to tell people!

Something must be in the water. A few friends just found out that they are pregnant and announced it right away. They are all talking about it, and I'm dying to get in on the conversation but I'm waiting for the 12 week mark. Anyone else going through this? My Mom finds it funny for some reason that I'm due May 23 and they are all due mid June and I still haven't said anything. I can't wait until I can say "Yea, I'm going through that too." or "It'll get better." or something. Ugh these next weeks can't come soon enough
May 14 Jan Siggy Challenge New Years resolutions I will not keep: Saving Money
Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: People announcing on FB right away and I'm dying to tell people!

• I know how it feels!! When I found out a few girls were also pregnant but I don't announce it until I was 16 weeks.. (Except for close family).. I've seen people on FB announce it only when they're 5 weeks.. Idk why though.
  • nursecramernursecramer member
    edited October 2013
    My BFF got pregnant right after I did with my first. Even though I didn't tell parents/family/work/etc until 2nd tri, I told BFF at about 6 weeks and I was so glad. It made it easier to have someone close that I could talk to, especially since she was going through all the same things. And she didn't spill the beans. She's now 28 weeks with #2 and I am going to call her this weekend to let her know we'll be 2nd time moms together, too! :)

ETA: Other than that we'll keep it under wraps until 2nd tri again.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yup, I have a few friends who've already announced and they're like 5-6 weeks.  I want to join in but I also don't want something to go wrong and then have to unannounce.  Been there. Done that. (We announced at 11w and went in the next day and found out I had a MMC.  Won't do that ever again.  We are crazy and wait until the 20 week mark and have the a/s to announce.  13 weeks to go :-)

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh boy, "the facebook."  I think we will hold off until I'm around 18-20 weeks (January) - immediately family knows now, and we'll start telling more family and close friends around the 12-13 week mark.  It's definitely a relief to be able to tell at least some people!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My BFF got pregnant right after I did with my first. Even though I didn't tell parents/family/work/etc until 2nd tri, I told BFF at about 6 weeks and I was so glad. It made it easier to have someone close that I could talk to, especially since she was going through all the same things. And she didn't spill the beans. She's now 28 weeks with #2 and I am going to call her this weekend to let her know we'll be 2nd time moms together, too! :)

ETA: Other than that we'll keep it under wraps until 2nd tri again.
    That's so cool that you guys have each other and are going through it again!
  • I think it is a mistake for them to publicly announce so early. You should not feel left out.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• My husband and I are DYING to FB announce it and trying to make it until 12 weeks. SO. HARD.

• I announced on fb pretty early. Most of everyone on fb are people I don't even talk to anymore. I wanted to get pregnant so bad, why wait forever to announce is how I looked ago t

It's a BOY

• I think its smart to wait at least until you have seen a good ultrasound around 8-10 weeks to announce. So many things can happen between getting that second line and the 2nd trimester. Once you have seen a heartbeat on the u/s and pass 8 weeks then your chances of m/c drop.

Having had several miscarriages, I'm thankful I never said anything on FB early on. I have always told family and a few close friends early on. Telling them and talking on these forums quelled my need to TELL THE WORLD. It sucks enough having to tell family and friends that you have miscarried but I can't imagine how much it would suck to tell all 900+ "friends" on FB.
    imageimageimage

M/c #1 - 10/30/07 - 5w3d, DS1 - born at 36w, M/c#2 - 12/7/09 - 5w, M/c #3 - 1/13/10 - 4w6d, 
    M/c #4 - 3/16/10 - 5w1d, DS2 -  born via VBAC at 40w3d, M/c#5 - 11/5/12 - 7w2d
    BFP #8 - 5/5/13- Looks like a sticky one! DS3 - born via epi-free VBAC at 39w1d

• My closest friends and family know - but when you try for 2.5 years like we did - you want EVERYONE to know lol. I have my first ultrasound Monday and my beta # is awesome so I feel pretty good about the pregnancy. Once 1st trimester is over we will announce on facebook. I don't personally believe that telling people early jinxes you or the pregnancy - Everyone is different :)
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • shanny&felipeshanny&felipe member
    edited October 2013
    Im only 7 weeks pregnant but gladly have shared the news with everyone. Also we have shared the news on fn but we arent those ppl that have random ppl on our fb they are all family n close friends This is ma 2nd pregnancy my first ended in a miscarriage and with that pregnancy i also annouced very early. I guess every one has there own time. I would do it again anyday
    *MartinezLove*
  • I announced at 10w5d. People were starting to wonder and talk. I waited until my appt with my doctor and she thinks it is safe at this point. I also have a Doppler so can listen to the baby everyday to know everything is fine :) it's hard to wait but I'm glad I waited as long as I did!
  • I am waiting til we have the genetic scan at 12 weeks. I want to be out of first tri.
    I had a MC at 11 1/2 weeks back in feb. told most people at 9 weeks. Even though I had awesome support we are still waiting this time. I am due 6/19.

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• @lauralou3x3 Could you share what kind of doppler you have?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I think its smart to wait at least until you have seen a good ultrasound around 8-10 weeks to announce. So many things can happen between getting that second line and the 2nd trimester. Once you have seen a heartbeat on the u/s and pass 8 weeks then your chances of m/c drop.

Having had several miscarriages, I'm thankful I never said anything on FB early on. I have always told family and a few close friends early on. Telling them and talking on these forums quelled my need to TELL THE WORLD. It sucks enough having to tell family and friends that you have miscarried but I can't imagine how much it would suck to tell all 900+ "friends" on FB.
    I don't know, I can see the other side of it, too. If something happens, you don't have to tell anyone personally, (except maybe the grandparents to be), you could just post something saying "We've suffered a loss. Please keep us in your prayers during this time." You could even turn off comments if you don't want to deal with potential responses, but I also think it might help comfort some people to see the support of friends, even if you don't necessarily feel that way.  To each her own.
  • I have the opposite problem. I'm pretty sure my cousin is also pregnant (we don't live near each other) and I'm dying to shoot her an email along the lines of "Um... I am, are you too?"

But given my age, I really don't want to tell before we get all the screens and scans done and if I'm right, I wouldn't want to push her into saying before she's ready either. 

But it's seriously killing me. 

It's hard for The Dude, too. He keeps talking about which work friend will be most excited, and how his best buddies will react. 

I get it out of my system by finding reasons to tell strangers.  Dumb, but it makes me feel good to say it. :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I will be 7 weeks at my first appointment, and once I get the okay that my baby is still alive at my ultrasound then I plan to tell my family.. Mainly because I am supposed to get married next summer but now it will be post-poned hehe :) publicly, I think I will wait a few more weeks... I think you're setting yourself up for a disaster if u do it too soon. Praying your baby stays healthy though!
  • I know! I'm dying to tell people, but worried about it too. So frustrating! I'm 5 weeks and my husband and I haven't told anyone, not even family. It's already getting hard to hide and make excuses for things. I don't know if I'll last till my first ultrasound, but I'll only feel comfortable telling family after that. With Facebook I'm going to wait till 12'-13 weeks.
  • We're probably not going to FB announce until Christmas or New Year's.

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Crasian said:

@lauralou3x3 Could you share what kind of doppler you have?

@Crasian I use the 3mhz Sonoline B Doppler (I got this as most women on here use this as well). I purchased it from EBay from the store echostorecom. It was the cheapest I found anywhere...it arrived 2 days after I ordered it, and free shipping!

I tried it around 8 weeks but I was looking too high. I have a uterus that's tilted forward so was told i can hear it earlier than most. I didn't actually get the right spot until 10 weeks. I've been able to record it on my phone so I can listen to it whenever :) and I actually hear it louder on mine than at the doctors office (could be because they do it pretty quick and I move it around until it's loud).

I def recommend it! It's been a life saver!
  • I never did a true FB announcement. I told family and close friends. That's who I cared about knowing. If someone posted something on FB to me that indicated I was pregnant and someone asked, I did say yes.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • For both pregnancies, my husband and I decided to announce at about 7 weeks pregnant.  For a couple of reasons.  1) i couldnt keep it in lol 2) Even if something were to happen, I wouldn't want to keep that away from anyone.  If a miscarriage were to happen, I would want people to know that if something like that happened to them, they could talk to me about it.  
    BUT that was just us.  Everyone is different and has their own way of doing things.  No one is right or wrong IMO :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I don't have a facebook because of this, the blurred line of being social. Only do what you feel is comfortable. If you don't think you would be comfortable or get the support you need on there if *heavens forebid* you do miscarry, then don't put it up. I've only told our parents, one sibling and our bosses, so they can cover for us. We're not going to announce it to anyone else until after the first trimester and have been cleared by the doctor. Each to their own, I say.
  • We won't be announcing it on FB until around Thanksgiving. I'm trying to come up with a creative way to tie it to being thankful and all that. I understand why some people would announce it early and why some wait, it's all a personal decision really. There really is no right or wrong time to tell FB land, in my opinion.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Hi everyone! I am new here and gravitated to this post right away! i just found out yesterday...and i still cant believe it! so i basically amd DYING to tell everyone cos we had been TTC for three months and now...i find myself waiting for the 12week mark while all my gfs either just ahd their babies or are about to and i just want to jump right in. i did tell one friend and my husband cos i need and want the support, but i am almost scared to see my parents cos i feel like the moment they see me, they will know! of w/o a question, no announcing on FB, most of my GFs did announce it on FB, and some privately, and both were fantastic ways to announce it, i know for me that wont work but never the less i just want to be a part of the "mommy and baby" conversation!

BabyFruit Ticker

• We are waiting until the 12 week mark. I have my first OB appointment next week ( I will be 8 weeks)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm due May 23rd too! We are waiting until after the 12 week mark too :)
  • If we get to hear the HB again at our appt next week (which will be 9 weeks), we might go public with more of our friends. But still not FB public, I don't think. IDK. 

• wtfisup said:
    If we get to hear the HB again at our appt next week (which will be 9 weeks), we might go public with more of our friends. But still not FB public, I don't think. IDK. 
    Yay! I have a feeling baby will be late and come out June 1.
  • We are waiting until the 12 week mark to announce. We have already told close friends and grandparents to be.
  • I announced at my 10
    Weeks
  • Can I just say that it is a lot different to be open about a miscarriage after the fact, when you're ready, versus having to un-announce your pregnancy as the miscarriage is happening? Or to have to explain what happened to people who still think you're pregnant because they didn't hear the "update"? I hear "We would want support if anything bad happened" a lot and it's not as easy as it seems when you're going through it. Just food for thought, for people who are considering announcing early.

imageimageimage
    H e n r y  May 21, 2014

• I just got my BFP today and am already dying to tell :) waiting is hard!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I announced early the first time and afterward I was sick to my stomach praying it would all turn out okay. I didn't realize how common m/cs were. The second time we waited until early second tri and it was fun. It seemed to make it go by quicker and people were amazed we kept it a secret (even family) for that long especially since my sil was pregnant at the same time and announced way earlier. This time I probably won't be doing a fb announcement. Anyone really important in my life will find out from me or word of mouth and the others can see the photos after LO is born. I'm not really into fb, though.
    Anna Kate 10.17.2009 Alexander 6.10.2011 Baby Girl 6.2014
  • A lot of our friends are prego but are farther along by a few months but we are waiting for the 12 week mark just to be safe..
  • I am doing the exact same thing.  Waiting until 12 wks (Christmas Eve) to announce to extended family and Facebook.  I am an OB nurse and have seen too much to open my mouth super early.  But it's so exciting you just want to yell it from the rooftops! 
  • We're waiting until Christmas to share with family. I'll be 11 weeks then but there is no way we'll get through the holiday w/o everyone being suspicious. We'll be waiting until 2nd trimester before announcing on Facebook though. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We had a MC at 6weeks, which was about 5 days after announcing to immediate family and a few close friends.  I don't know what I would have done without their support, DH was absolutely worthless in the "Support Your Brokenhearted Wife" category, I think he was so excited about being pregnant and then the bottom dropped out and he was dealing with his own grief.

As for FB, personally I wouldn't announce it THAT publicly until 2nd Trimester.

But I like what Shanny said, about not having a bunch of friends on FB, just family and close friends.  I've actually been thinking of closing FB account, but this might be a nice alternative.  I think I might just go ahead and clean up my "Friends" list.

Married 09/29/2013 ~ TTC since 09/29/2013! :)

Surprise BFP 06/06/2013 ~ MC 06/20/2013 

BFP 12/31/2013 ~ EDD 9/13/2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I announced at 6 weeks last time and miscarried the day after.  Untelling everyone made me want to cry every time I had to do it. 
    This time, I'm 5 weeks 3 days along and have only told my best friends, brother, and former employer (I quit so I can stay home and rest.. I really want this one to turn out right and am praying it does).  We haven't even told our parents yet.  We'll announce to family at Christmas, when I'll be barely past 12 weeks.  Facebook will probably be around the same time.  I think it'd be cute to tie a ribbon around my belly with a gift tag saying something about being pregnant or a baby, and walking around like that for the day.  It'll be more fun, and safer than last time. 

Married 4/13/13

Loss at 6 weeks 5/4/2013

Loss at 9 weeks 12/2013

Healthy baby boy 7/12/15

Due 1/6/18

• Everyone including the public in our area knew when I was 6 weeks pregnant with DS. (DH and FIL were in the paper and FIL let it slip to the reporter.) This time I will probably start telling at 8 weeks (in a few days) after I have my ultrasound on Monday.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"